please guys do not change your graphic engine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doclucio, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Yes, and this was indicated by them as a motive already longer time agao. I just said that from a purely graphical point of view and regarding VR performance there is no vital need to replace the engine. There might be other implicationsnand reasons to do so. But looks and VR performance right now are not the primary reasons. At least not over here. Looks both in 2D and VR imo still are stunningly good. I like them very much.

Whatever they do in new engine tech, VR in smooth frame rates near 90 and huge car fields imo are a must. If they sacrifice any of these just to open the road for weather or night racing, I would score it as a step backwards.

BTW, in VR my GFX card is not really "bored" at all. And its a 1080-TI factory-OC. ACC puts the system on flames, almost. I see no need to push things this far. Plus ACC does only half as big car fields as I can run in RR.

The status quo has a very good and solid balance between all factors. Its hard to change the fundament without loosing this balance, because it is tuned so very well by now. And a system left with reserves, is a system that has, well, reserves. Never hurts to have some. I like, no, I LOVE to have reserves. Maybe the reason why I can race 50, 60 cars and never am in danger to loose smooth and stable frames. In ACC that would be imnpossible, it would be a slide show and the CPU and GPU both would go up in flames, especially in summer when my room temperature is 5-7 degrees above what it is now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  2. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Good point, agree with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    why not hire the guy whom did SOL mod for AC

4. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    Because…different engines? :D Post of the day.

5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't mean he can not build a similar mod for RRE as well. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. fbiehne

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    If RRE only would be moddable. But he can try, of course. :D

7. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I hope they wont change the engine. UE4 is an atrocious engine if it is not developed well.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    You clearly read my mind. I mean rre in vr is a joy, i am on 1080ti with valve index and run smooth at 90fps with pretty lot of details. Maybe the team can do some tricks to implement day and night circle and who knows...one day we will see raining...But what i was saying is that now i do just one race in vr in acc and i can barely see the brakes sign on the sides, then switch back on rre and do just 6 races relaxing my eyes and mind...
    to let acc run smooth with nice details we need like nvidia 5080ti...maybe in four or five years or so...
    long life to RRE ;)

9. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    It is not that simple. AC was a dx11 engine with relative modern setup already. R3E is ancient in its graphics setup. You can use graphics debug tools to investigate how the engine uses dx9 and its components.

Just think about it: if it was not too hard, it would have been done by s3s/they could hire someone to do it.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  10. fbiehne

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    That’s exactly what I’m thinking, too.
    It’s not easy to switch from DX9 to DX11 and although Ilja (who has done CM for AC) is probably not capable to do that.

11. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Good thing, this latest update didnt force me to change mood. It stayed in place.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info. I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up as I've seen it happen on my end. I'm not sure if sth has changed in the way steam checks file integrity, but if it works without having to copy & paste a backup, that's even better. :)
    Just precaution on my end so you guys know why and what to do about it if it ever happens to you.

13. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I could do a little test later and see if file integrity would change things around.

14. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    DX 11, DX 11, DX 11. Only hopes and wishes I have.
    I can't tell it often enough how the performance gains after Truck Simulator made the same switch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Who knows maybe all this thing about moving to a new engine or DX11 is already happening behind the closed doors and kept secret. This way the developers can work on it slowly without any pressure from public. I don't see any performance issues? What is it exactly that you are having problems with?

16. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    No specific issues here, but there is plenty of room for improvements. Especially in VR it's a hit and miss for others. You have to have a highest end machine to run with 90 FPS. This as worth the improvement.
    As I've said: it's was a huge bump at ETS/ATS.

17. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    For you information, steam file integrity check will restore your Mood if you've done any changes changes. Did this quick test today.

Cheers

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  18. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Back in business again. With windows newly installed, Raceroom runs smooth again.
    As very often the reason for bad performance was lying in the depth of the system. So sorry for the rant.
    Strange remains any how, Raceroom was affected and none of the others.
    So when starting the game, there's always a quick prayer to the lord of fps.:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Got similar issues recently after WIN 10 Update (recommending to block Win 10 from updating for the max. given period which is about a month for Home Edition or so) screwed some driver settings and has cost some nerve until I decided to make a fresh clean install. I just did the clean start option before a few months back, but noticed that the original install (bought my PC with Win 10 pre-installed) after manually upgrading to a newer version was a mess anyway.
    But at least, even if you have less control over Windows than with previous versions, it goes relatively fast and easy, faster then fiddling for days to find the actual error in your system ;)

20. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Agree there hell DX9 came out in 2002 so its time to put her down

• Agree Agree x 2