Problem Heavy Graphic latency stutter and Sound Issues

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by OtterNas3, Aug 7, 2018.

1. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I need help here :/

i tried to nail it down for weeks now and still cant find the issue.

Need to mention this all has started after the last big update where physics and sound got updated alot.

The usual Situation is repeatable on Norschleife perfectly.
    When i join a Server which is almost empty, lets say 5 or lower, everything works fine.
    When the player count reaches 10+ it starts.
    My FPS never drops below 80+ most of the time its 120+.
    But in some Corners, mostly when the Car is at high rpm and you hit a curb, the Game looks like 0.5 fps for some seconds and then runs fine again after a while, while the fps NOT drop!
    Sometimes screen is bouncing left and right up and down like crazy, like holding your monitor in your hands and shaking it.
    Both symptoms get worse the more player are actually driving on the track.

And i am not the only one! We where in Teamspeak with 8 people, 26 Drivers on Nordschleife VLN.
    The Grid is ready the lights goes green and as soon as the Drivers hit the throttle the Game lags in graphics like hell.
    The lag stayed until the Drivers gained some meters then it was fine agauin, until the first Corner where everyone in TS started sayn: "What the hell is this Bouncing?!?! My screen is shaking like crazy!"
    Mercedes-Arena, the lag slowly disappearing until we reached the NGK-Chicane, and it started once more to lag/bounce like hell.

I seen mentions in streams lately, where the race starts and the streamer says something like: What the hell my fps, lol!
    I was not able to tell if it was the same non-fps-related lag like i experience but i guess so.

Again this is NOT FPS related! So pls stop with solutions like:
    Lower this/that setting, lower visible cars or such...

It happened even on all graphic settings set to crap/low, game looked like Amiga500 game but it stilled happened!

I tried VSYNC On/Off, FastSync, GSync, Adaptive Tearing Control, lower Resolution, everything i could think of.
    I installed 12 different Graphic card drivers going low as 375.xx - I even installed a fresh Windows 10 and just installed drivers, Steam and Raceroom (redownloaded) and it still happened!

I cant play this game anymore like this, it is frustrating!
    It happens on other tracks aswell, but on NOS it is the worst with less amount of drivers!

I attached a performance.log where this happened on single player with 20 AI drivers, the sound stopped working after 1 hour of practice and shortly after that it started lag/bounce like in Multiplayer.

Before the update i never hade problems with this Game, but right now it is unplayable for me, sadly.

If you need further informations, logs, testing or anything else please feel free to ask. I just want to fix this so i can enjoy this Game and my Nordschleife again!

Cheers for reading all of this.

(English is not my native Language an this was written in a hurry, so, yeah i know there might be alot of misspelling!)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hi, thanks for the detailed description of the issue you're experiencing. Could you please list your PC's specs and all connected peripherals?

Game and MWTransport log files of the session you described would be helpful, so please attach those. Also, if you have access to the dedi or know the host, the dedi log file of said session would be great.

In case you know the dedi host, what kind of dedi was being used, was it run on a hired server, or a dedicated PC or on a PC that was also used to run the game at the same time?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  3. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I will try to gather the requested Infos next time it happens!

4. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Well well, i waited for the RRVLN Race to see if it happens to other ppl aswell, and oh wonder i did not got disappointed!

Watch Georgs Stream when he was going trough Carussell as example here:

watch from 1:14:20

This is exactly what i meant!
    It is NOT framerate related!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  5. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    And he was not the only one who experienced it, you can see it on the stream of Jaroslav Honzik aswell

6. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    same extreme stuttering problems without fps. f. me I agreed with a reinstallation of w10. with other games without problems.

7. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    That's exactly what happens to me if I have MSI Afterburner enabled and run 64bit version of Raceroom, except it doesn't go away like it did for Georg. It starts at random times about 10 minutes into the session and the only way for me to get rid of it is to restart the game. We've discussed it in a different thread before.

It (currently) also works fine if I disable OSD support for the 64bit exe in Afterburner (or rather in Rivatuner, which is the OSD part of the app) and only use the framerate limiter part.

No such issues with 32bit version of Raceroom at all.

8. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    thanks for the help reinstall raceroom. and disable rivaturner everything seems to work again well

9. J Peaches

J Peaches New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any help appreciated. The car freezes mid race no controls work. Must use C-Alt-Del to exit. Seems to happen when online server latency is in the 160ms. To getbelow 150ms I've been using a VPN to drop ms in 140- 145 range which is better but not perfect. I'm located in Western US and trying to race in European leagues. Any insight? Thanks

10. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @J Peaches Have you tried with a local league? Just to see if that makes any difference. ESR is based in US/Canada.

11. J Peaches

J Peaches New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I do race in ESR . Have had some issues but seemed related to too many saved replays, 680 or VR sensor reflection issues. The ping is in the 50-75ms range which is good

12. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I had something similar the other night on Most, with the FRX-17's
    FPS was the usual, 130-140fps, there where no notable dips, but lots of micro-stutter (using steam fps overlay).

I don't use any software like Riva Tuner or overclock anything of the sort.
    Worst thing about it was, it was an 80 minute race, so I had to endure it lap after lap, my eyes where hurting afterwards :D

1Capture.PNG

It was consistently occurring in the blue marked section, the grid size wasn't particularly big either (12 in total).
    Everything was ok/normal on the remainder of the track, was strange. I don't usually get such issues, but have been noticing micros stuttering a lot more in recent weeks, this one stood out to me though because of the no. of laps I did on the track and it being recent.

i9 9900k, 32gb ram, 2080ti, 7680 x 1440 triple screen setup.

Something else that may be noteworthy, quite a few times in the last few weeks, after closing down Raceroom, my entire desktop/windows becomes unresponsive, even CTRL ALT DEL can take 30-60 seconds to work. This doesn't happen every time, but its certainly something new and only occurs after a session in raceroom. By the time I get to task manager, there is nothing to see and things wake up and become responsive again, so hard to see what is going on.

13. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You dont have any windows updates or gfx driver updates pending? Whenever I get stuttering it seems to coincide with needing a gfx driver update which usually solves it.

14. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Only thing that solved it for me was to run it in 32 bit mode.

15. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Since the 2020 December update there have been all sorts of graphical issues. I haven't been able to get above the mid 20's in fps for one. Something I have noticed with mine is, if I enable driver names they appear under the car ahead rather than above o_O so not sure if everything is rendering as it should. I've totally uninstalled RR, rid the registry of anything that mentions RR, S3, Simbin and even KW Suspension. Reinstalled it all and 17fps, FML, well I've had enough, d/loaded iRansom, f**king hate it but it gives me 90fps and no bloody headache.

16. amg_aku

amg_aku New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I had lot of stuttering problems (search my first thread) and all were caused by the FFB. Disabling it the game continued flawless.

Finally solved installing very old Win drivers for my Fanatec.

17. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Update as of 05-16-21 - I was able to get the 64 bit mode to work well by Setting the Video/Motion Blur to Complex, and the Motion Blur Quality to High. No stutters in Practice, Qualify, or Race with 10 cars on track.

i7-8750H, and GTX 1070, I'm setting R3E at 100Hz resolution, and I get a fairly balanced load between CPU and GPU, and temps are in ok range around 70°C.

• Like Like x 1