Shout out for the Z1 Hud

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Frost, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Frost

Frost Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    So I've been a little frustrated not being able to see tire temps while trying to setup my FR90 cars. I've had no idea if the tire temps, camber, etc. were right. In just using it for 2 days, my setups are night and day different, car handles amazingly well now.

I didn't realize how far off the Sector 3 FR90 Default Setups were, I kept fighting this horrible understeer. And in the last 2 days, I've completely eliminated that problem and the car now handles amazingly well and sticks like glue. Lowering the ride heights, sway bars and springs, the car has significantly more rotation through the apex and far more feel through the steering wheel.

I've found a couple little glitches here and there, but nothing significant, system works really well for setting up cars. I should note, I race motorcycles and use data loggers for my traction control and lap timer/data logger, so I have experience using them. I use VR so the HUD isn't really used other than to gather data for the analyzer.

2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Any chances that you are in leaderboard mode?
    Be sure to do your setups in a practice session instead of leaderboard mode. In the latter, pressures and tire temps are fixed and there's no wear. So the temps in the hud don't change.
    Or did I get you wrong and the hud itself doesn't show that temp-widget at all?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  3. Frost

Frost Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I meant before I bought the Z1, everything works great. I don't mess with leader boards.

4. Russell Hodgson

Russell Hodgson Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    You are talking about the Z1 Analyzer here, correct?

5. Frost

Frost Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yes! Gather data with Hud and use the Analyzer to review it. Works well for what I need. My setups on the FR90 are much improved.

6. Russell Hodgson

Russell Hodgson Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    It is always great to hear things like this!

If there are any other features you'd like to see on the Analyzer please let me know.