Low Fuel Warning (too big on Display)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HomieFFM, Oct 5, 2019.

1. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if I'm alone with that, but these low fuel warnings, that pop up every once in a while (on fixed points on the track I guess?), are blocking the whole display and are very distracting, is it like that in real life as well?

I did so many early shifts because of these warnings, because I mistaken them for a upshift warning light, like in most gt3 cars xD and when they pop up you don't even see which gear you are driving for a long time.

a much smaller and maybe constant ''Low Fuel Warning''-icon or small Text inside the display would maybe be a good thing?

• Agree Agree x 6
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  2. Cesar Maranhao

Cesar Maranhao Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  3. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    This is the one I mean:
    02.jpg
    (appears for too long and too often - No gears visible for seconds)

These two are actually perfect:
    01.jpg
    03.jpg

And I don't understand why this warning still pops up, even I turned everything off :confused:
    04.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    +2

I deactivated everything from the HUD also the timings etc and I only read the times from the motec of the car. It always bugs me when the low fuel warning pops up when I cross the line and when the warning disappears the last lap time is gone too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Frost

Frost Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I thought it was just me, in VR that thing is annoying as hell.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    When you have all the HUD options disabled, NOTHING should appear on your screen at all. The low fuel banner, the driver penalised/DQ'd banner (unless it's you), the race finishing banner. Even flag warnings. All are far too big, far too intrusive, and far too distracting. Also totally unnecessary for those using WebHUDs. Surely it can't be a major code change to allow us to get rid of them all?

And agree on the motec point too. A low fuel warning is fine, but to essentially disable the entire motec for precious seconds to do it is pretty dumb.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    low res dash.png

Another thing, the text resolution is very low.
    Specially when you look at smaller written words like Fuel, Time Remain, Pos, Lap and so on it's really pixelated.

close.png

When I jump into a different sim it's almost like I can see clear again (that's how people with glasses must feel :D )
    The overall sharpness is missing somehow, is that due to the engine?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020