Problem Triple screen rig stuck at 50fps with VSYNC ON

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by nolive721, Oct 20, 2019.

1. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    hello

making long story short as much as I can, I have been running triple 1080p screen for some time with a Ryzen 5 and VEGA 64 heavily OCed, reaching 75fps with Adaptive sync ON (max of my Monitors Freesync frequency range)

I had a massive crash with windows 2 weeks ago and had to reinstall RRE and renter all my settings. Now whatever I do in the Display Options, with VSYNC ON, my FPS wont go above 50fps now.

I tried to lower graphics settings and it doesn't do anything to FPS. My other sims, and demanding ones like ACC would reach min 60fps on Epic settings as it used to be before my Windows crash, so what is wrong with RRE?

any suggestions how to troubleshoot the thing? If I set VSYNC OFF,I would get 80 to 100Fps depending on track and conditions but its stuttering too much for my taste so I would like to take advantage of my Freesync feature but not locked at 50FPS as I am today

I am not using Rivatuner or RADEON drivers frame cap either so really I dont understand whats happening

thanks

olivier

2. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure your display is running at 75Hz again after the crash? could be that windows or AMD default it to a safer profile.

3. nolive721

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    hello

thanks for the quick reply.yes Display was fine, I have OSD always ON for the refresh frequency to show if I am in my freesync range (48 to 75Hz)

Its a bit embarrassing but I fixed the problem by fiddling with all the resolution available In game, then finally went back to my 5760x1080/75Hz and VSYNC ON, and to my surprise it was working again as it should.

experiencing the joy of butter smooth Simracing is really priceless

Sorry for having started this thread and fixed the problem quickly myself, feel free to mark it resolved or lock it

• Like Like x 1
  4. nolive721

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I have spoken too fast.
    The trick doesnt work anymore and I am back stuck at 50FPS again in both Full screen and bordeless window modes.Only way to reach the upper end of my Freesync refresh rate (75Hz) is to run the Game in window mode which looks poor obviously.
    Any guidance at how to fix that in a robust way is much appreciated
    thanks
    Olivier

5. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    There shouldn't be any difference between borderless window and regular window apart from the border. Both are displayed/composited exactly the same way by the system.

6. nolive721

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    this is the border that is bothering me indeed. any chance for the devs to provide guidance if I need to tweak config files or something?

7. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    I realize you don't like the border. My point was more that it is kinda weird that the two modes behave differently for you (diregarding the window border difference).

8. nolive721

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    sorry if it came across harsh.I got your point in the first place and yes its really weird its not working as intended.
    Only RRE is showing this issue, AC, PC1 and PC2 who have native triple screen support work as it should on my rig within the full range of my Freesync monitors. Even ACC with its newly implemented Triple screen support is working fine.

really frustrating

9. nolive721

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I have been spending most of my week-end trying to find solutions.I am not happy with any them but at least I can get the simracing going

1. ALT+TAB and bringing a window in overlay of the Game will get me my 75fps locked refresh rate back but then I am getting the ugly Windows task bar at the bottom of my Center screen
    2. Starting the Game in Window mode, 75fps locked, and get it running for few minutes then back to Display Options to have bordeless window set and the Refresh rate stays locked at 75fps. This has one to be one of the weirdest workaround I have done on a PC though