Will we ever be able to save a race in single player mode?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GregoryLeo, Oct 24, 2019.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I've been spending a lot of time playing GTR2 lately. Because one of my favorite racing categories is endurance racing. 3 hours or more. But I rarely ever have more than an hour or so free to play on any given day. And since virtually none of the new racing sims has a save race function. That I can find at least.
    I have been playing in GTR2. Because I can save the game in the pits. Which gives the ability to do a long race in stints from pit stop to pit stop.
    I pull into the pits, shut the engine off to start the refueling and hit save. Then the next time I load the saved game sit down in my console and put on my headphones and glasses. By then the refueling is done and the car is jacked up to change the tires and do repairs. I check my drink, start the car, it drops down off the jacks and off I go. Feels very immersive to me. And I can do a 3+ hour race at my convenience.
    And so the question. Will I ever be able to do long races in single player mode in R3E in the near or distant future?
    I'm not complaining. All my sims have different car/track combinations that I use them for. I would just like it if my favorite racing game had a save function.

Just asking.:rolleyes:
    Gregoryleo:cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Just FYI rF2 has that functionality, but it is very difficult to discover :) You need to enable Replay recording, you then can resume from replay. So, it is available in a game newer than GTR2.

I miss GTR2 as well though, because of the Power and Glory mod :)

PS: I am not promoting a competing sim here, just pointing out that this is supported by rF2 since it shounded like OP wasn't aware of that. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  3. SpeedRacerX

SpeedRacerX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Why not just 60 minute race?

4. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Because I like the challenge of longer races. For instance, in a 3 hour or longer race, the lead will change several times during the stint as different drivers pit. Pit strategy is way more important. I have won and lost races on pit strategy. Plus the challenge and excitement of jumping in the drivers seat in an already running race is fun as well.
    I like longer races, But as I said, I almost never have three or more hours to play racing games.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    It would be nice to have mid-race save for any length...I often get called away...you can pause, but save ( like F1 games) would be very handy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Totaly agree to this request!

I can remember on PS3 when GT3 (or was it GT4?) was released an had the 24h Nordschleife and 24h LeMans race. You could'nt save the race and had to pause the console and continiue the next day (as a working family father with limited spare time), so i took me 8 days to finish the race. Think this was one of the reasons for the YLOD for my fat lady...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes you only have 30min to race. Would be nice to be able to cut the race is several sessions. Where can I sign for this request? :D

• Like Like x 1