rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mihai, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Nords was great but their cup car is terrible. Worst sounding Porsche ever and the dash lights don’t show lock ups. Shadows are heavy.

Steering feel is okay but you can’t balance it like you would the R3E version nor the AMS version. It needs a lot of work.

2. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    really love the Nordschleife from rF2... but I really miss the Raceroom sound... you are so used to the high quality sound from raceroom that you take it for granted until you use a different sim xD .... still a lot of fun to drive in rF2. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    the new Nords track is wonderful.
    I love the fact that the only flags getting waved
    are actual marshals letting you know what going on ahead.
    what a novel idea.
    I also hope they get the sound sorted eventually.
    but i'll still play the hell out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic job S397 did. Seems that everyone is excited with this release and the Cup Porsche is a fantastic driving machine. As soon as the tires are working the car is so much fun to drive. Perhaps the best car, S397 released so far, absolutely top notch.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    It is time for @Sector3Studios to put in another gear, as rFactor2 is definitely a dangerous competitor if R3E want to stay on the market.
    rFactor2 feels more like the real deal for me somehow (hence I felt the same thing with R3E before testing out rF2) and I do not want to see R3E slowly drown by rF2:s waterswell that is getting bigger.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    rF2 is still a construction side too but away from that FFB, general car handling (see Nos in comparison to RRE) &TRACK SURFACE is spot on, feels lively and authentic.

Honestly I find it not so bad, more spatial then RRE which I like even if the overall quality is not that good...but surely way ahead of that artificial quasi-sounds we had to endure just a few years back in any sim or racegame ;)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  7. fireballr18

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    I think S397 wanna place rF2 more in the iRacing direction with scheduled races, matchmaking and different splits. In addition driver swaps are possible to have real endurance races for 12/24h e.g.
    According to what we know it looks not like S3 is headed equally. And the market in general is growing. I hope there is enough space for each of the current sims.

8. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I must admit that my initial reaction was similar to yours, but after giving it a couple hours of practice and also finding a much better baseline setup than the default settings (credits go to Leynad Jee on YT), I'm starting to actually like it. Here it is if anyone's interested:
    Setup

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    October roadmap update is up! New UI coming in december though in a beta. New layouts for Nurburgring- absolutely, why not, thank you! Nissan GT500 updated? Now we're talking! Would be nice to see Honda and/or Toyota coming. Yeah, right, keep dreaming! That's all folks! Back to work!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Finally a new UI.

11. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    November roadmap update has arrived! Formula E updated with 2020 season teams and liveries. UI to be released in about 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    The long awaited F1 Legends Racing 2 mod was released and you can subscribe to it on Steam.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 4
  14. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
  15. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
  16. fireballr18

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    R3E, and rF2 :)

17. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    2,9Gb update...

Too much new content* to handle in one week for this Boomer Junior**

* R3E (only one I've tried yet), ACC, Wreckfest and now rF2. Now I'm really really stressed!
    ** That's how my kids (23,21,19) call their beloved daddy nowadays.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    But it looks like it's mostly a compatibility patch for the upcoming UI and doesn't contain updates apart from that:
    We are updating all our cars to ensure they look good in the new public beta UI. That does not mean this update (coming soon) will instantly update all of those cars to newer shaders, more detailed 3D models, state of the art sounds and whatever else you could read into this. I had a quick chat with @Paul Jeffrey already to explain. I just wanted to set the record straight. That said, we do have some (I think) really nice surprises coming up in what will no doubt be our biggest roadmap update ever. And we certainly will stay committed to keep improving everything we can over time!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. pasquale1986

pasquale1986 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    The question with rf2 is, if they will ever correct the world scale for Oculus Rift. It's not so much fun at all to sit in a car that is too small with a body that is too small.

20. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    The world scale has been adjustable for a while now (with SteamVR at least).