Just Lift Off - Move Over

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Not Lifting Off, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Frustrated rant.
    Why do people insist on being complete dicks during qually or race for that matter?
    Your on a hot lap they come meandering out of the pits and think it ok to race or block or just not give way.......you have mirrors, a track map and blue flags, why the fuck cant you see there is a car approaching at speed?
    Lift off and move over, its saves so much grief, be aware, look at the map, your mirrors dont ignore the flags.
    IRL im a great person ;) Get on with everyone, have a good laugh, am sarcastic as fuck and funny with it, but on track, Wtf, if you ignore the flags your mirrors or the track map, i have no issue shunting you out of the way for being an arse, if you make no effort to move for me on my hot lap and spoil it then i have no issue doing the same back when your on yours.
    I give way 100% of the time to anyone, pull over slow down just get out the way, i expect the same courtesy, if i dont receive then yes i`ll move you out of the way, if you think im a cnut for that attitude so be it!
    So yes, if you think im being a complete cnut to you or your friend or anyone else you can be guaranteed i wont be doing any of it for nothing.

Still think im a cnut, lol, i dont care ;)

Edit- No im not the fastest, no im not the slowest, but always try to be fair, most times frustration wins :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  2. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree with this, sometimes I think people drive with one eye open, I mean you can't miss a blue flag, do people not use the track map and mirrors ffs, there are so many visual and audio aids to use there is no excuse in not being aware of anyone around you.

3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Meh, it's a game. Save your anger for important stuff

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. BasicBlaq

BasicBlaq New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @Not Lifting Off I have heard this statement made may of times by some of the faster drivers. Yes you should move over but at the same time the faster drivers will find a way to get around you . fyi frustration can only get you into trouble and in good leagues it can sometime get you kicked out .

5. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    No anger here, just frustration at idiots.
    What? In a good league i wouldnt expect such ignorant baffoons causing issue in the first place and if they were then they are the first port of call for a boot!
    It has nothing to do with being fast or slow it has to do with idiots that choose to ignore what is going on around them, there are enough cues and clues for people to not miss another car on a hot lap.

6. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Having run my own league for quite a while, I experienced quite a few clueless/annoying drivers. But for me personally there is something much worse and that is drivers taking revenge on track when they think they've been wronged. If you start taking that mentality into racing you take away your own fun and most likely from others as well. Even if it would be justified in cases like this, you're just lowering yourself to a similar/worse level.

Just my opinion though, we only banned a single person in a year of league races and that was exactly for this, taking revenge on track. As some have already said, if you learn to let go of stuff like this you will enjoy racing much more, it should be fun after all.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Ty Duff

Ty Duff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Tomy Drissi has entered the chat...

8. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I find all this driving nonsence and trols on track as good fun until one day raceroom introduce serious rating system where serious drivers can have clean racers. Until then, nothing will change.

In addition, been online last week doing some practice and races with others. I've had a good laugh seeing cars flying all over the place, trollers in F1 cars etc....

9. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Well , iracing has tried it and theres still plenty of dicks racing there

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    More precisely a lot less dicks than Raceroom. That being said, no mater what, you will always find idiots. However, idiots can be reduced to minimum if RR give us rating system.