Fanatec General Discussion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DomB, May 22, 2018.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know if the rumble motors on the V3 pedals are the same as the right motor in a Xbox controller?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  2. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Will answer this myself, yes they are but they seem to be slightly stronger..

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Nice new website @DomB :) I noticed the Mclaren GT3 rim isn't listed anymore... is there something new in the pipeline? A new Podium GT3 rim (and I don't mean the upcoming Porsche rim :D ) ?

4. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I thought I read somewhere they do replace the McLaren GT3 rim indeed.

5. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    the mclaren rim looked very nice for the price but had so many issues, that's why I didn't buy it.
    But I'm curious what they are up to.

Maybe a Porsche GT3 2019 Steering Wheel? :D
    Screenshot - 06_11.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    God I hope I don't regret saying this, but my Mclaren rim has never given me any problems (touch wood) only thing I done was used nice 4mm black tie's right up against the grips to stop the plastic creeking and it seems to have given it abit more strenght as well, and changed the rocker shifter to SRM magnetic ones, which gives it a new lease of life.
    But would be nice if they done that Porsche GT3 2019 Steering Wheel, but then again it takes them ages to build something then they do a limited supply, so for I can see me going over DD and going doen the custom route for rims, and quite often it's the cheaper route.

7. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    IMG_20191106_124650.jpg

This is my go to steeringwheel right now: Turn R1 Pro with Xbox Uni Hub and Podium Paddle Module.
    Works perfectly

• Like Like x 1
  8. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Thanks HomieFFM! It has been a huge project, glad it is finally live! We're still troubleshooting some teething problems, and the missing McLaren wheel is one of those. We took this product listing offline due to a specific bug. The product page will return once this has been resolved. We always have something new in the pipeline... but you won't find any clues on the new site. :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the clarification. The only clue I can find is that 30 new projects are waiting for completition ;)
    If you can give us any hint without getting fired it would be nice... and we wont tell nobody :D

10. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hi Dom. My McLaren wheel has been pretty flawless from the get go but recently my rh red toggle has stopped working in the up direction...am I able to purchase this to replace myself as id rather not send it in. wheel is obviously out of warrenty. Thanks

11. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    yeah I know. I bought one myself and had to send it 3 times back. The 3rd time they offered me a refund which I accepted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    They really should produce a high quality GT3 steering wheel.
    A modern ''Butterfly'' GT3 Stereo type,
    possible to upgrade with the podium shifter module. That would be a seller I guess.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Mike Reynolds

Mike Reynolds New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I’d buy it! Love the mclaren, my favourite design of my 4 fanatec rims....just a shame it feels so much lower quality than the others...podium version please

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to take stab here but has anyone disassembled a v1 wheelbase. I've got an old one I'd like to fix for my son. It seems to have a burnt resistor. If anyone has any way of helping it would be appreciated. I can supply pics if needed. I just want to try and replace the resistor and give it a try but dont know what the value of it is (ohms) as it is quite burnt.
    Thanks

15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Exactly same here.

16. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I just noticed the new format, looks good ;)
    Stupid question but how do i find the community now to get beta drivers and stuff?

17. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Just send you a message on steam. :D

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  18. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Check your inbox ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I have the CSL pedals with a load cell, I find that they can be a little inconsistent, if I press the brake pedals a slightly different place on the pedal I get a different amount of brake pressure, I noticed this from new (had them maybe 18 months) but I found that if I inverted them I was more consistent in hitting a similar place on the pedal. I have just started left foot braking and found that I had to go from 70 down to 60 in the pressure settings and now they are more inconsistent, any one else had this problem?

20. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Depends. If you are talking about if you are placing your foot higher or lower on the pedal face, that will be the case on any pedal do to the leverage effect. The higher up on the pedal you place your foot, the longer lever equals lighter resistens / more brake force with same amount of force. And the the CSL elite pedal faces are pretty big.

The higher you have the brake presure setting, the more insensitive the brake will be, and also easier to modilate the brake.