Replay Cameras

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clonedemned, Dec 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Clonedemned

Clonedemned Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Hello dear sim racers!
    I have a question regarding the replays.
    It is always cool to see teaser video for new cars or tracks from S3. One of the coolest teasers for me pearsonally was when Porsche was announced (link to video: ) .
    I wonder if its possible to set cameras in replay mode in the game in similar way like in the teaser video, for example: at the 15 second mark in the teaser, camera is stationed in one corner so you can hear the car coming to the corner, taking the corner and then accelerating away from it. In my replays in the game I am unable to find position like this. What bothers me is that camera switches to next view as soon as my car takes corner and I don't want it to do so - I want to hear my car accelerating from the corner for a few seconds and then camera to switch view. I hope someone would kindly explain to me how replay camera can be modified and set up properly.
    Thanks!

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    its all customs, you gotta bind free flight cam and buttons for camera movement

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Clonedemned

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Oh I see.
    Thanks for the reply!

4. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Ask here if you have more questions, unlocking full potential of replay system is tricky :confused: with every video i make, i learn new thing or two

5. Clonedemned

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Cool. So I'm slowly getting there but few things are unclear to me:

• When I'm in free flight mode camera movements are way too sensitive (with mouse). Is there a way to reduce camera sensitivity?
    • Is there a way to boost audio in replays? I get feeling (maybe wrong) that engine noise is too quiet when car passes near the camera?
    • Can I bind keys for replay controls? (play/stop, pause, play forward, play backward etc.)

6. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    1. dont know of any mouse sensitivity slider but you probably have camera rly zoomed in, hence the sensitivity, for cinematic purposes, dont use mouse but keys- just like on the video, first is mouse to set the camera position, but while tasking a shot you use keys (i once tried some mouse smoothing software but it didnt work with raceroom)
    2. no idea, try audio settings i guess
    3. yes, go to options and you should find everything there

7. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    here's my controller profile with keys i use for replays
    time is h/j or j/k (cant remember)
    camera movement is arrows and numpad
    free flight camera q
    /* camera speed
    page down for even more snail action