cant buy anything from store

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike Demers, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I have been trying to buy the rest of the content I need to have everything from the Store since Friday, but when I try and check out, a red bar appears at the top saying something went wrong on our server, please try again. then the next red bar says Purchase cancelled? Anyone having the same issue? I would like to top off my content while everything is 50% off.

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
  3. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    @Mike Demers I've reset your user cache in the hope that it clears any issue that'd be stored in there.

I see you do have purchases from 20 minutes before your forum post, did they just go through anyway then or were you trying to purchase more, maybe?

4. Mike Demers

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Well I found a workaround, but much later than when I posted? I was able to login via the raceroom website and the purchases worked normally. I tried to buy a few skins later in game just to see if it was a coincidence, but I had the same error. I'll try again tonight after work and see if what you did fixes purchases within the game. Thanks.

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Do you have Steam overlays enabled for the game?

6. Mike Demers

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Yes, was never an issue in the past. Can't recall if I have bought anything since I went to VR, maybe it's blocking a screen? But it does come up with the error message that something went wrong on the server so unless if the payment screen doesn't get taken care of in a certain amount of time, maybe the error is set?