Released Porsche 911 GT3 R (2019)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    "Heads up: The previous 911 GT3 R will be removed from the store and replaced by this current version, so now is your last chance to get it while it's still there. (Users who own the car will get to keep it in their garage of course)"

Sorry, but this would be a incomprehensible approach in my eyes, because you put a lot of manpower and working hours into the "old" 2017 991 GT3 car project. Was it just a waste of time? o_O

2. krimmler

krimmler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    I´m proud to have the old Porsche 991, because the car give me many memorys. Since that Porsche model I´m interestet in motorsport and this car is the reason for my raceroom start last year. I´ve watched many races with the GT3 class like 24h Nürburgring, VLN, GT Masters, the 991 was always my favorite.
    Older versions like the BMW Z4 GT3, Audi R8 LMS Ultra are avaible, why the 991 not if the new comes in days/weeks ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Not quite sure but I vaguely remember I read a while ago that the car manufacturer (Porsche in this case) can 'demand' that a newer released (virtual sim)car replaces the older one because of let's say marketing/PR purposes?
    But who can better answer this then the licensing/contract manager himself.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Divebomb69

Divebomb69 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I own the old one, Is it an 17-19 update, or is it a new model?
    Do I have to pay full price for the new one?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  5. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Same thing happened to the RUF RT12R two years ago, when the 991.1 was released. And like @krimmler said, I'm also glad, that I still have that RUF in my garage. But if I were completely new to raceroom now, I don't think I would care about that car - I would most likely pick the current model. This is similar to the WTCC 2013 to 2015. None of these vehicles I have ever driven although they are in my garage...
    @BrianBosch I agree to that marketing thing. I too, believe it's coupled to that licensing stuff, that sometimes a developer has to bend to the decision of a manufacturer.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    It's a new car, it's closer to the RSR than the 2016 GT3R we currently have.

7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    The inverted version is called "Greeno"

Grello is green and yellow, with more yellow than green.
    Greeno is also green and yellow, but with more green than yellow
    :D

true story

8. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I don't want to go into details too much, but we usually bring out 3 Porsche cars per year.
    This year we're bringing you 4, and this swap / replacement strategy is linked to that.

• Informative Informative x 8
  9. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    So we get a updated version for those whom already own it? Or we paying for another one?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Divebomb69

Divebomb69 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Is one still left before 31?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Strange that the old version is removed, because that means that it will not be included in the ADAC GT Masters 2018 pack any more? The GTR3 class I can understand, but why GT Masters?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Great dlc. I will buy it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Well imagine in real life, a racing team purchases the 991 GT3, and Porsche brings the newer, better model. Then this racing team is asking them "can we get the 991-2 for free?" That would be quite unusual, dont you think?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Haha you can always try. Do you eventually have Dutch roots? They/we always want everything 'GRATIS' :D

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Stickdeath1980

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    lol Rfactor 2 give's you updated Car's you have bought for free.which is nice :D
    Well it's not real life and i've spent more than enough! We'll i own everythink and what ever they release because it's a cracker sim..even though hardly play much as i used to.
    My point is there Updating a car that's ingame already most likey every german own's and charging you again for a car you already have with updated skin's (which you can buy whatever amount) doesn't seem right to those people already forked out cash for it i understand skin's make's money cause cool liverys these guys crack out :D
    Last couple Game's i've played RF2,iracing,ACC have updated there product which you have paided for and complety get it for free (car wise) so if they update a track like sliverstone to 2019 spec would you expect to pay for it again or get it for free?

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The 2019 update for ACC was free because they promised that content from the start. The upcomming ICGT pack wont be free. This 991-2 is technically a new car, not just an update. Developers worked hard to bring this car into the game. So yes, they absolutley should be able to charge for it. And we are talking about small amounts of money here, i wont argue with anybody about it any further.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    The new GT3-R is a totally different car, not just an "update". The difference in pace and how it performs, is miles ahead of the 2018 one.
    Rfactor2 charged you for an Aston GTE, with "GT3" on the dashboard...so much for "updated stuff for free". (I love rF2, but your point is discussable)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Don't really fancy quoting myself, but as it seems fitting:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Stickdeath1980

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    ahhh fan boy's not seeing the point.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
  20. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    @Stickdeath1980 Fwiw, they are right about the car not just being an update. The virtual model had to be built from the ground up, so it's really not just a bunch of new liveries and many work hours from all car creation devs went into it.

This situation is not really comparable to physics updates for already published cars, which have happened and will keep happening for free.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019