Released December Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Hangon

Hangon Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Yes , I checked, all settings same as previous, and no, i did not delete any files? I'm running on a 1080ti 11gb O\C/ I7 6700 ar 4.5ghz ...any recomendations

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    It's setup, you have to make the front more turny. The GT3-R goes almost flat through it with default setup with one click wing up, but you have to hit your line, or it will carry you on the inside kerb of Raidillon.^^

3. ave_golf

ave_golf Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Yeah i know!

With the AMG for me it's easy but with the R8 LMS it's impossible for me, i take it wirh default rear wing and down to 5-4-3

But the problem is at raidillon, only this car makes a kind of "jump"(not the Raidillon kerb, it's just on track when you feel it) that if you were flat out, you gonna lose the car

If you can, try it

I set the front and rear highs but the "problem" continious

4. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    It has been mentioned before, but if your FFB feels weird and/or the car handles weird, make sure to:

1. Create a whole new preset for your wheel from scratch. There should be a default one in the Controller Profiles options available.
    2. Reset your car setup to default. For the updated cars, the old setups are not compatible, but the game seems to pick up the old ones at least under certain circumstances and load them for you automatically, which results in both car handling and the FFB being quite off.
    3. Reset your wheel settings for that car (top right corner on the car setup screen). It's independent of the rest of the car setup, so it doesn't reset even when you reset the car setup to default.

Then give it another go. Chances are it will now feel very different, for the better of course.

But at least some of the cars seem to have their FFB multiplier set...well, perhaps not wrong, but sub-optimally in my opinion. For example the M1 Procar (the old one) has a multiplier of 1.7 by default if I remember correctly. Yet to get as much dynamic range from the FFB as possible (which is what you should do IMO, outside of direct drive wheels), I had to set the multiplier to around 3.8.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    The dampers have to absorb more.
    You could make the car softer and high, or harder and a bit lower then, but with softer fast bump maybe, to compensate a bit for that. Maybe playing with the fast and slow rebound, i don't know exactly, what direction could help the most right there, but assure, to not make the rear too hard, so the rear keeps sticking on the track. But too soft on the rear and it will understeer. Always keep some rake in the suspension height, or it will influence your Aero balance, while the car pitches.

A bit more wing maybe, because wing doesn't influences top speeds anymore that severe in R3E, but you earn more stability...it's a compromise like always.

I have tested it just with the GT3-R until now, it understeers a bit too much, but doesn't break away.
    I will get into it more soon, i'm really horny for making this car pacey :D

6. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Lets take a look. Was really disappointed with the outdated older physics, but lets give it a try. Better physics means better FFB means better gameplay.

7. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The only change is shadows...they are now much higher res. try dropping them to medium and see if it improves by much

8. Hangon

Hangon Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I dropped them from medium to low , which i did get improvement, but the image appears more 'grainy" than before ? Really notice the pixels where previously it was not as noticable(Valve index) ....almost like need a sharpening filter to get the same image as before

9. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Really, there is nothing in game that has changed that would do that. Has your gpu driver updated and changed settings or anything like that? Double check youre running at the correct resolution.

10. Hangon

Hangon Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Done all that ...perhaps it has to do with time of day?? everything else is awesome in update ..I will adapt and make do ...thanks for your replys and advice

• Like Like x 1
  11. ave_golf

ave_golf Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I noticed in online race there is a count of "INCIDENTS"
    what is that? It's like SR of iracing?

Will be a new class for all clean drivers? :D

12. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    after some settings I am actually positively surprised .. I don't like everything but still

- dtm 92 to much grip out of the box, you never need to warm the tires. not very realistic my opinion. but also improved again for its driving behavior.
    - dont like the m1 driving like a truck. not my cup of tea
    -New GT3 2019 Porsche I might have expected more. maybe i need to test some more. tomorrow I am going to test the gt3, s more I hear good things from my sim mates.

++ curb sounds, the damage to car and springs done very nicely. I also think Ningbo is a nice track with nice technical curves. The Bmw Gt4 is perhaps the most exciting, nice against steering effect on my dd wheel.
    sector 3 was a bit on the back burner for me. but with this update they are back again. well done!!

13. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I don't know. Even with the recommended / default FFB on the V2.5 every car feels floaty. Perhaps I am just used to AMS and rF's FFB. I just ran a quick session with the Caterham in AMS and I feel everything. On 360hz aka real forces I just got a orgasm from all the feedback. Specially the road feedback is awesome; Bumps, grinding, etc. (Used the settings recommended by Fanatec. See forum)

That thinking I think RR3 misses something like road feeling or so. Everything else is nice.

14. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I find the same thing myself, its usable but not near as good as it once was in my opinion.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I have a fanatec, my damping is at 100, but I do not have a spring setting. So there is no need to add any value in the game FFB menu under damping and spring to take advantage of the two new FFB feature mentioned in the update notes.

16. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    @RaceRoom
    I have a little question, because it is getting more and more noticeable for me.

I already know, that the transmission volume of the new GT3-R is that low per design, because of avoiding major complaints, but it is possible, to lower this seperately in the Audio options, sooo....

My question is: Is there no possibility, that the transmission whine could be at least a little bit louder? It really breaks immersion a bit, to be honest, because the high pitching engine sound is interfering a lot with the very quiet transmission sound and swallows it away.

Is there nobody with similar experiences? I mean, i basically like the sound, but it seems somewhat unrealistic at the end. ;)

17. Cark852

Cark852 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The December 2019 update has ruined the game for me. I use the default RaceRoom FFB settings which worked fantastic on my Fanatec DD2. The FFB was always, tight, smooth and responsive and I could hustle the cars around track with fantastic control and feeling in the steering wheel. Now after the update, the FFB feeling on every car is super low and spikes up super high in corners. You can't hustle the cars around track anymore, you have to gently drive the cars around track. I cant increase the FFB multiplier because even though that does fix the low FFB, but it also increases the spikes in FFB that almost rip my hands off. I've loaded up the FFB graph in game to see what's gong on and the FFB range whilst driving is from almost nothing to massive clipping spikes What is going on? The setting on my DD2 is the same strength (39) as I use for other sims with no problems. The FFB is ruined and it used to be up there with Assetto Corsa in its quality. This is my go to and favourite sim (352 hours to date) and the cars are now undriveable to me. I cant even get close to any of my usual lap times anymore with any of my favourite cars. It's not even close anymore. The feeling is ruined in all of them. I've reinstalled the game just to see if that helped. Nope. Please tell me I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm super bummed about this. Also why are Sector3 getting FFB development help from Rajkovic? All he plays is iRacing and that has the worst most bland FFB of all sims. If you're going to use someone to help with FFB development, use someone who is an Assetto Corsa guru instead. Is this why the FFB update has ruined the game? I'm really bummed about this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    ->
    Please someone pin this to changelogs or/and threads, it's highly recommended to do this.
    It also fixed my FFB and now it's driving fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Cark852

Cark852 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I already did that before. It didn't work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    You could try, to remove the whole SimBin Folder from ...Documents/My Games/

That's how i did it. I made a complete tabula raza and it definetly changed, that i haven't to crank up my per car FFB multi such high values anymore...

FFB Settings (CSL, so no smoothing for DD required)
    20191212045132_1.jpg 20191212045143_1.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1