Released December Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 11, 2019.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    No Ningbo video preview?
    :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    My two cents worth...

(1) congratulations to everyone - devs and beta-testers - who worked on this it's a huge step forward for R3E - thanks so much :D:cool::D:cool::D

(2) everyone needs to follow Case's very clear instructions (above)

(3) FFB - I kinda get the angst out there (which is not to justify the rudeness :eek: in some cases) - the FFB feel is VERY different - this is no minor 'tweak' and that is very disconcerting for some of us - definitely was for me at first. I've now driven 3 short races with 3 different cars (GT3, WTCR 19, FRJ) and all I can say at this stage is... I'm keeping an open mind. I think it's... better...? but very different and will take some time to get used to. I can sense the potential in it though - just in little things like when I went cross country in the FRJ and damaged my suspension - ooooh nice subtle feel there. I've gone with default settings for my G27 and I'd be grateful for any thoughts from G27-user devs or beta-testers on further tweaks that they've been using...

(4) watching a lovely sunrise at Brands is what caused me to go cross country and break my suspension :)

(5) despite it taking time to adjust to the new FFB universe, I came away from my third race thinking "well - that was fun" - which is my first rule of sim-racing - it has to be fun. Yes I want hyper-realism but if it's not fun... what's the point?

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    The best thing is, S3 has an ear for it's customers. Many thanks and all the best for you all and your families for christmas and a happy new year 2020!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Marcelo Intruso

Marcelo Intruso New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I couldn't agree more...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marcelo Intruso

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully they will have an ear for this Forum/Thread, and do something about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    They are watching these threads, that's what these Forums are there for. Just a bit of patience is required, it's early in the morning in europe, so it will take some time. In the meantime, it is possible to try some of the suggested methods, to fix some issues.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JBMAK

JBMAK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm bought the hole BMW M4 "Package", but one livery misses --> #2
    What went wrong...?

8. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    So, the new Porsche 911 GT3 sounds very strange. Anyone else? It's like there's a ton of background noise mixed in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Cark852

Cark852 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm not angry, I'm just upset this update has, for me, broken my favourite go-to sim. It's the one I play the most and enjoy the most. I'm going to do a clean reinstall (again) and will reinstall the Fanatec driver (again). Fingers crossed.....

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I also think it's because there's something that muffles away the road feeling, or so. I tried with default dampening (30%) and with it switched off. Also steering rack 100% and 0%. But it's either dampening aka muffeling all the effects, or I get some weird steering feeling that feels like I am balancing a wheel where in the middle there's some FFB, but once I steer there's no FFB.
    Or worse case there isn't any road feeling other than some suspension floaty feeling-thingy. With AMS and rF 2 I feel every bump, pothole, grooves, etc in the road. That makes, at last me, feeling like I am driving a car. (Real feel)

The kerbs and such are just topnotch, like any other sim-title.

'Fanatec CSW users, the drift setting should be set to -1.' Even tried this. Was using -2 first.

11. Berno

Berno Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    As a fan of the M1 Procar I didn't really think it needed an update but the test drive just then proved me wrong!
    Great work, just amazing.

Also took it around at sunrise and I can't be the only one that hopes R3E never migrates to the Unreal Engine?
    I say this as a developer who uses UE4 engine a fair bit. Currently it isn't suited for simulations.
    For my eyes R3E is the only sim left with the sharpness and clarity required for simulations.
    I want to see the next apex not some photo effects that only happen if you're looking through a camera lens.
    To me R3E is the best looking sim 2019.
    Just saying :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Please try increasing the understeer setting in your control profile.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Clonedemned

Clonedemned Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Same here. Dove it just a couple of laps. I have to drive it more when I get time and compare with other sims and onboard videos to get some conclusions.

Could it be that my ears got used to ACC sound of the 2019 GT3R :D

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  14. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the hardwork and improvements over the year guys.

Just wanna add some feedback on the UI. Would love to see more clarity in the adjustment bars on the suspension screen. The dark backgrounds are difficult to determine. I feel like theres some slight guess work involved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I like it...TMX Pro. Thank you.
    The new physics seem more "real"to me. All new defaults for control and setup works fine for me, but I'm no expert. The GT4, 92 DTM and Classic Touring feel very good. The older ones move around a lot now and have nice suspension movement....and I like the daylight thing...very scenic. 92 Mustang at Bilster Berg is a good workout!
    PS I like the improved "tire squeal too". Much more realistic.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  16. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Just set Steering Rack to 0. This should fix your FFB "issues" :)

17. Marcelo Intruso

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  18. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday I discovered after buying new content than the FF of my wheel has stopped working with the update, thanks devs and betatesters for this...

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Stacy Newcomb

Stacy Newcomb New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What wheel Jota ?

20. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    simplicity sw20

• Like Like x 1