Released December Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Stacy Newcomb

Stacy Newcomb New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Mines the SW7+, so they must have broken something mate ....

2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I may be the exception here, but concerning FFB (I'm on a Simucube DD wheel):
    I tried before reading the tips, wanted to check the stationary friction which was not present when I first tried.
    Got a tip here to add damping (I had damping, friction, Inertia and all DirectInput filters at 0%).
    Moved Damping to 5% and stationary friction was well present and all cars I tried (had to add a bit of car specific FFB multiplier in game) felt pretty good.
    I did no fresh install, did not delete old profiles, did not change general FFB settings in game.

Only 'downside' now is that I had to set shadows to medium to get adequate fps. The whole sim has gotten a bit heavier on my (triple) system.

Edit: and longer loading times...

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Stacy Newcomb

Stacy Newcomb New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Sim-Plicity owners have zero FFB mate, Verified files, deleted profiles, I've put everything on Max and makes no difference other than a slight feeling of weight, I put that down to the Sim-plicity firmware adding friction, I'm guessing the re-install thats underway upstairs at the moment will make no difference, but fingers crossed.

4. Berno

Berno Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    One problem with the update is that you used to be able to press the Pause button again to exit the menu.
    Now you have to reach for the mouse to resume? Was much better the other way.
    Due to back problems I'm forced to race with gamepad and there is no way to resume while on throttle so you always loose out if you have to pause :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. pasquale1986

pasquale1986 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I use a Thrustmaster TX wheel and with the new FFB - I also think it's not just a tweak, but a major overhaul - the Cayman GT4 feels very close to the road car now. I own a 981 Cayman and driven the 981 and 718 GTS and GT4 road cars and the feeling through the wheel driving those cars is very close now to what you feel through the wheel in the sim - congratulations to the devs!

Edit: Two negative Points regarding VR:
    1)
    Can we please get the possibility back to recenter our VR-headset in the main menu? it only works in the car right now.

2)
    I have a massive performance drop-off on the Nordschleife right now, which I drive 90% of the time when racing with AI

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  6. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    the BMW M4 GT4 sound awesome, great car! the physics and tire model feels real to me.
    but somehow the VR performance is really bad on the Nordschleife. It does not matter if I have only one car or 20 cars. I use the Valve Index with a RTX 2080 Ti and i7 8700k. Video settings like recommended on low.

7. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm that lowering the shadow settings helps with recovering lost performance, with little-to-no perceivable drop in overall quality. In my (VR) case this meant going from Low to Lowest.

To my eyes there's more than just a resolution change going on here, and I think they've changed how the end result gets filtered as well. 'Lowest' is giving me far cleaner and more usable results (or at least in most cases when I'm focused on actually driving) than it did previously. Given how weighty that particular slider setting is to the overall performance, I'd suggest this also gets added to a sticky somewhere.

With a little more stress testing later to make sure everything is indeed ok, I look forward to actually trying the new toys, and returning to 'fun' and not 'testing'. :)

• Useful Useful x 2
  8. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    With all the bells and whistles now on the graphical side it's time to ditch DX9.

Great update nonetheless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Is there a default profile for an Accuforce V2 Wheel that matches the new physics & FFB ?

10. FlakNine

FlakNine Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Yes please! I've always needed to recenter Raceroom at launch with my Rift S, otherwise the menus are down on the floor. Before the December update the reset worked in the menus, now after the update I have to muddle my way through those menus down by my feet, get into a car, then do recenter.

11. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    VR not recentering in menus is indeed a bug and being fixed asap :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Same problem on the Rift (though my menu shoots up/left), but I just use the Oculus controller to recenter on first launch, and go from there. It's a minor pain, but perfectly usable until a hotfix hopefully appears soon.

13. FlakNine

FlakNine Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I barely touch my Oculus controllers. Didn't know you could reset with those.

14. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Woah, nice chagnes. :)
    And just in line with my 3 weeks vacation that start tomorrow. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I noticed this last night and have reported it, it's a bug that slipped in at the last minute. Should get fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Hold the Oculus button on the right controller, and then select 'reset view' on the screen that pops up. :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Jeroen Hein

Jeroen Hein New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Change ffb multiplier in car setup. Problem solved!

Attached Files:

18. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0

19. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

It looks great but how can I load setups. I didn't find options just save.

Thx,

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Before the update I was using Georg Ortners FFB settings, I just loved them never changed a thing. Anyway when the update was released, the settings no longer worked very well. Then it came to me maybe he had changed his settings, so I had a look and sure enough he had. I was doing the leaderboad challenge on Bathurst using the default setup the best I could do was 205.5. Once I changed to Georg Ortners new settings I dropped down to 204.3. So to make a long story longer, I think once people sort out the best settings for them and with a good setup they will be right back to the lap times they once enjoyed.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019