Released December Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Is it odd that the BMW GT4 rpm led's first light up at 7100rpm and the final led comes at 7400 rpm, is this correct? not exactly a big range.
    Also the length of track for all layouts at Ningbo are the same is the same in the selertion menu..:eek:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  2. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    This was intentionally done after some feedback from someone who actually raced the car! I'm sure this is configurable for the teams though, we just decided to go with his feedback :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Brian Gildea

Brian Gildea Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Tried it last night and had a big grin on my face for 2 hrs, well done and thanks!

4. benoityip

benoityip Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    First impression
    Macau hair pin traffic jam problem is improved.
    Graphics are much better. It is less blurry at longer distance when watching replay
    Love the brakes without ABS on m3 gt2
    Dtm92 back to life

To be honest, I have been spending a lot of time in ACC recently after their improvements. This update from raceroom just impressed me so much to keep me playing raceroom again

• Like Like x 1
  5. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    why simracing devs loves to see people jumping between tabs in the setup menù?
    having a single page with everything in a single page was the thing i loved most.

please think about this, you have enough space to come back in this choice!

by the way, the features added are great. i had to say.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cark852

Cark852 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Didn't work. :-(

7. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    What's the difference between the new Gr.4 M1, and the M1 I already own? The store shows identical specs, but the option to buy it again implies a difference beyond a simple grouping change, and given the free physics updates to other classes, I assume there's something beyond those that I'm missing here.

8. Cark852

Cark852 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Where did you find his new FFB settings? I've looked around but can't seem to find it.

9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The Procar has more power. I guess the store specs haven't been updated yet. Thanks for reporting this.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Marcelo Intruso

Marcelo Intruso New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. 1andOnly

1andOnly New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Also very slow for me. And my PC is very high end one so its probably related to the loading of videos in the menu background. I would prefer having static image in the background and fast loading of menus. Besides that very happy with the update. Thanks everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cark852

Cark852 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The new visual upgrades are super nice

13. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Problem is when using external dash displays it just looks odd, hopefully your go for adjusting them.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  14. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I am crazy, but I was doing the free Raceroom track in MP. The FFB before and in the tunnel is what I really like. How the wheel wiggles and give me the feedback from the raod, etc. The whole track doesn't feel floaty, etc.

I tried Nord and Brandhatch, etc and they all feel super floaty.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. wsimonds04

wsimonds04 Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to all who worked on this update. Most appreciated.
    I haven't been able to spend more then a couple of hours on it since the update, but I did go to a few tracks that I had issues with.
    • Bathhurst: Always found the AI was causing cautions at the top of the mountain. This seems to be greatly reduced.
    • Imola: AI was constantly spinning out in Acque Minerali. This seems to be much better.
    • I don't know if anything has been changed with regards to the AI driving through gravel traps like its a road (hoping it has)
    • Car behaviour when under h
      ard braking and not in a straight line seems better now, (maybe the problems I had was just my drive style, but what ever changes have been made, its much better)
    • The new tires sound great - love the chirps you get as they grip and skid.
    • The damage model is much improved, though I now have to stay off curbs, as I did sever damage to my suspense as few times.
    • AI braking into corners seems better. I cant just blow by them in spots where I used to gain a big advantage
    Question and observation with regards to the changes to the AI behaviour.
    I'm running WTC 19 series, with other classes (Porsche GT3, and Audi TT-16). I started a single race (AI at 100%) with the same selection of cars at Laguna Seca, and I just took last stop in my class - so I could see how the AI behaved ahead of me. At the start of the race, 2 Audi's got by me, and for several laps they put up a big fight to stay ahead. (Normally I'd have just driven away from them). But then what appeared to happen was, that once I did get by them (it took a few laps), they faded very quickly. It almost appeared that once they were beaten, they reverted back to their normal race pace.
    Maybe it's me - maybe I'm imagining things, but that's what it seemed like.
    I then tried a race at Bathhurst, and found a similar thing. Wondering if it's anything to do with their new adaptive logic?

Anyway - so far I think S3E did a ton of great work. Thanks

16. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I see people getting bugs etc. after this update, but aside from that - this update is great. RR is my favorite racing sim and I'm happy you're still improving it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. SKY

SKY New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello sim-racers ! I have a Logitech G29 and for me the new ffb and physics are much better than before . The pneumatic trail adition makes a huge difference ! It makes all the cars to feel great and btw i am still using the old ffb setting wich i used before , everything is working perfect , i did not change anything.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  18. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I do think it's time for Raceroom to move upto DX11, I'm losing performance with this build even if shadows are turned down, and I agree with others it's looking grainy and there is far more shimmering/jaggies going on, I get far better performance/fps and overall looks from ACC now, which isn't the friendliest engine..I love everything else that has been done with the recent builds especially this one, but lets take the elevator and go up to 11.;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Rüdiger Lampe

Rüdiger Lampe New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank You! I Love it!
    All feel much more rightful now. This Update is a big step ahead!
    To me specially the default Profile of the Logitech G29 Wheel is x ways better then the one before.

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year

• Like Like x 1
  20. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I check new improved AI in 1 hour races and noticed that any of them suddenly unpredictably slowed down. Not much, maybe 3 - 4 cars per race and in different places. I dont know the reason, but it is a good way for the diversity of the race. Generally, AI is more better now, still utilize my every mistake for overtaking, but in my races practically dissapear raming from the back.