New 911 GT3 2019 sound issue?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Foofer37, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes when I drive the new 911 GT3 it does not sound right. Sometimes it sounds very thin as if you're only hearing part of the sound. Other times it sounds fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Niko Schrenker

Niko Schrenker Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    yesterday I drove it for a few laps. Had this Impression, too. seemed a bit "thin", less roaring as the older one - Maybe it's just not being used to it.

3. Clonedemned

Clonedemned Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    At first is sounded strange to me also but I think my ears got used to the sound from ACC.

4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I think transmission whine is much too low!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. easy_kill_72

easy_kill_72 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yeah transmission whine isn't enough pronounced

6. krimmler

krimmler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    I love the engine scream more than die old GT3 R because it´s nearly to the real one maybe a bit to low, just the transmission noise is a bit unreal. That´s better from the old Porsche I think. But if you ask all, you will get different answers from everyone, it´s difficult from onboards to get a 100% real noise. So I think the sound now is good.

7. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I guess my point is that the sound is not always the same. It seems to change from one time that I'm in the sim to another. So it's inconsistent.

8. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I've noticed a few inconsistent sounds from a few cars. I am sure it will be checked by Sector 3 and fixed soon. The new update is massive, lot of work went into it and for sure some things might got broken but not for long.

9. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Have to say the new 911 doesn't sound great, it sounds under powered, but then again I'm comparing to ACC's 991, which is what I thought we would get, not a updated 911..

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    I also have the feeling that the transmission whine is way too low and the sound itself is distorted at some points with this car.

• Agree Agree x 2