Patch 'Zhuhai Performance'

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gopher04, May 4, 2018.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    • Zhuhai - Performance optimizations
    Have to say I have noticed no difference, track is still bad on the pit straight for fps compared to the rest of the circuit, 73fps down the pit straight, everywhere else 114fps and upwards 154fps max, still doesn't run smooth what so ever down the pit straight neither..Single Monitor.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
  2. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I haven't driven Zhuhai still, lol. I'll see what I get in terms of performance..

3. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    In VR it wasn’t drivable, I’ll give it another try this weekend in hopes. It’s the only purchase I’ve made in Raceroom which was a failure for me

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info. I planed to purchase it this evening but since meanwhile i am a VR-only driver, i wait.

5. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I looked at your signature below your post, says you have an i7 8700k, 16 GB of ram and a GTX1080. I am using an i7 3920k, 16GB of ram and a GTX 980 and I can run Zhuhai in VR. It works for me, not sure why not for ndwthx1138.. Especially as it says they use a Titan lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    yeah. no issues here in VR on Zhuhai as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    You’re using ASW. Which I find to be terrible/unacceptable in sim racing.

I have a titan over-clocked and the front straight cannot maintain 90 or even close.

8. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Ahh yeah. I probably do have ASW. I don't mind it at all. I get no motion sickness from VR anyway, so I can manage. I also don't run every graphic setting on ultra, it's all on medium since I got VR.

9. javi_crash

javi_crash Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you. The improvement in performance must have been very small, because I haven't noticed better performance either.

In my case I go with triple screen, not with VR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    For m
    For me it has nothing to do with motion sickness. Much like a monitor running at 45fps it’s not enough for a sim where you are fighting for tenths or hundredths of a second. You simply need more visual input for that sort of response time. Many would agree 60 on a monitor is sorta minimum. For VR the demands are more for a good experience, after literal 100’s of hours of testing I find asw totally ridiculous for a sim. I don’t mind turning details down, but super sampling, antialiasing and 90 FPS are needed in my opinion.

11. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting a very similar effect with Sonoma as well, although the fps should allow for smooth running isn't doesn't, visually it doesn't look smooth. which is the same effect at Zhuhai..
    Hopefully these two tracks will be looked into.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Your
    You’re right, I gave up on Sonoma which made me sad as it’s one of the two tracks I have real experience on.

Even with no other cars/AI it has two terrible stutter points. One being the straight. I thought maybe it was shadow related but even on low it has no affect. I keep asking and wondering what the heck kind of machine sector3 is testing with.

13. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0

Mwah, I haven't had any issues "fighting for tenths or hundreths". I did some league races with the headset and it made me more aware of my surroundings - which is a plus because I don't wanna wreck people. I never really did any "fighting for tenths or hundreths" because I don't take it that seriously either, so i'm easily happy with ASW and stuff.

In the future I can imagine that we'll have more FOV and more frames in VR headsets, at that point it's almost a no-brainer to get it. But hey, that time is not here (yet).

14. Rexx Fernandez

Rexx Fernandez New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Zuhai kills my 20180Ti down to 30fps, most other tracks i get over 100 with the same settings. It is not as optimised as the other tracks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Jason Schofield

Jason Schofield New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting 20fps with GTX 1080 in VR. 16 car grid. It's horrible. 80 solid when just hotlapping.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Not as bad as Ningbo for me but for some reason the last corner before the pits is an FPS killer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    The time of day progression has an insane impact here. With this feature activated I get 20 fps, without it's 80.
    5820K with 1080ti.