What app do you use for Digital Dash on Smartphone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kcoxphoto, Dec 16, 2019.

1. kcoxphoto

kcoxphoto Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I am looking to level up my rig a little with some data display while driving in RaceRoom. What app do you use for your digital dash/display (I am an android user)? Curious to see where you've installed yours also! Pics welcome.

2. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I use simhub, it has all the features I need. You can import dash creations that others have made, or just create your own.
    It also works with Arduino, Nextion, custom LED displays, etc. If you decide to go down that route at a later point.
    I'll get some pics later.

Its free, or you can donate I think 10Eur for extras.

EDIT: Here are some pics of some of dashboards I use, none are probably terribly accurate to their real-life counterpart, and there is no AM in the sim (yet?), but hey, it's actually quite fun just messing around with the editor.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  3. milewski.lukasz

milewski.lukasz Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Simhub. You can do sooo much more than just the dash. Check it out, great fun with some DIY leds and screens and buttons encoders you name it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kcoxphoto

kcoxphoto Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys. I will install and play around with Simhub tonight!

5. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Simhub the best

• Like Like x 1
  6. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I was using the SIM Dashboard. I recently discovered OtterHUD and find it has all the information I was looking for and is the overlay in game which enables me to keep my eyes always forward.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kcoxphoto

kcoxphoto Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Tried out SimHub and love it! So easy to use. I donated to get the license, however, I have small lags here and there in the digital display. Is it better to run the SimHub app or just go to the web address they send you to through the PC? Do you see any lagging in your smartphone/tablet setup?

8. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Samsung note 3 no lagging
    Google Nexus 7 no lagging
    Google Nexus 10 no lagging
    LG G2 lagging
    Hauwei mate 9 no lagging

it depends on the materials

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I tried the app initially, but now I just use it exclusively through the web via WiFi, with no lag at all. I can't remember why I stopped using the app though, it could have been lag, not sure.

I don't know whether the complexity of the HUD you're using affects it.

EDIT: Let me know if you want one of the Dashboards I use to test it, they're pretty simple and I get no lag with them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. kcoxphoto

kcoxphoto Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I used two things Fire HD & Samsung Galaxy S8+ and both had a tiny bit of lag, it seemed at the same place on the race tracks consistently. I'm open to giving your dash a shot. See if it makes a difference. I like the first one you uploaded pics of. The no-nonsense data display.

11. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Here you go mate, the forums won't accept it as a simhub file so I've had to pop it into a zip archive. I can send it over the Raceroom discord server if you'd prefer though.

EDIT: My name on Discord is Exiled Scotsman#3791, shoot me a DM if I'm not online, and get back to you as soon as I can.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019