FFB for Fanatec Forza Motorsport CSR (non-elite)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shivas FR, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    New value in Blue. Settings are still under test but already give me a better feeling. They also been tested extensively with the Porsche 718 GT4 on Falkenberg Motorbana and once again with the new Porsche 911 GT3R still on Zolder.
    I also put the Default value in Red and my Old value stay in black.

Hey Listen ! Woops, wrong game.

Hey you ! Yes you ! The 5 people in the back ! I know you're struggling to find some FFB settings for this wheel because we are only 6 people in the world still using this old wheel. I wanted to share my actual settings with you and hope that can help you.

First of, I'm using the Fanatec driver v311. If you haven't, go download and instal them. Do not Use the V328 or more recent driver because, even if the wheel work in the game, we don't have any Force send to the wheel.

Keep in mind that's MY settings and NOT a recommandation. You're free to use them, change them, whatever. With that being said, lets move one.

In game settings :
    Load the default controller profile and start from scratch. Like this you're sure to have same result as mine. Then go to Force Feedback and adjust this :

Force Feedback Intensity : 100%
    Force Feedback Spring : 0% (Should always be at 0%)
    Force Feedback Damper : 30% - 10% - 30% (Back to default here)

Steering Force intensity : 60% - 50% - 80% (This is mainly to avoid putting the FFB Multiplier too high on some cars)
    Force Feedback Minimum Force : 0%
    Understeer : 10%
    Vertical Load : 50% - 70%(Strangely enough, this settings give me best feeling about the self align torque and not the lateral force as describe in the FFB guide by @Thomas Jansen. Maybe wheel specific, i don't know. I can also feel more the bump and even the understeer with his default value)
    Lateral Force : 50% - 30%(And for this one, it'seems to be more the wheight feel on the wheel during cornering)
    Steering Rack : 30% (default value)

Slip Effect : 0% (default value)
    Engine Vibrations : 0% (default value)
    Kerb Vibration : 30% (default Value)
    Shift Effect : 0% (default value)
    Collision Effect : 0% (default value)

On the CSR side, to be sure, i have reset all my preset to it's default value by holding the tune button until "RsT" is show on the Led screen. No need to do it, it was part of my experiment. So on my wheel, i have this settings :

SEN : Off (the game control the right amont of steer rotation for you. No need to adjust it every time)
    FF : 100 (and should always be at 100)
    Sho : 100 (default value, second motor for vibration)
    dri : Off, even with the Damper Force feedback back at 30%. Originally, the default value of the dri mode was Off, but recently, i found it's now set at 2 by default. Problem is, on this wheel, the dri mode only speed up the wheel to catch slide and, personnaly, never feel this really natural. We don't have negative value for this that mean, 1 is faster than off, 2 is faster than 1 etc etc until 5 the fastest one.
    AbS : 100 (default value, only work if you're pedals are connect on the wheel base)
    Lin : 000 (default value)
    dEA : 000 (default value)
    SPr : Off (0 is the default value, only center the wheel at the end of calibaration. If you have some dri active at this moment, wheel can oscilliate until the end of time ^^)
    dPr : 0 (default value, stationnary friction)
    ACL : Off (default value)

By Using my settings, you NEED to up the FFB multiplier in the car setup screen. I prefer control my FFB like this because, You can't expect a Citroen 2CV to give you the same info in the wheel than a 911 or even a very Old Beettle. Everycar is different, and FFB aswell.
    Still needed some FFB multiplier adjustment, but not a lot than before.

Here we are guys. Here's my actual settings for the CSR. Hope that can Help the 5 people at the back still using this wheel. If I found a better settings, I will update this thread.

Enjoy and see you on track !

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  2. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I have this wheel actually the forza edition in my casual living room simrig
    I will give it a shot this weekend

Merci de ton effort pour la communaute ici

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I also have the wheel, and I will create a new profile and give your settings a try.

• Like Like x 1
  4. schwalbach123

schwalbach123 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I have that wheel too and still love it!

• Like Like x 1
  5. nolive721

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Its really a good belt driven wheel. I have a TSPC RACER in my mans cave (see avatar) of course more torque and FFB details but using the fanatec in my living room on the 4k tv is still really fun
    Its paired with csl pedals so a decent off you go type of rig as they are mounted on a next level lite wheel stand

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  6. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    First post Updated ! Try if you want and said if you like it ! Also, don't hesitate to share your settings too

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to have to try the updated settings tomorrow. I remember cranking the BMW Judd Hill Climb to 3.1x and I still barely clipped. I ended up backing the car down because too much FFB becomes a hindrance in my opinion. I want the wheel to tell me what the tires are up to, not to attempt to over power me at any point other than a crash or a wheel on the wall. Thanks again Shivas!

8. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    The only things I adjusted were the Steering Rack setting. I dropped that to 0%, and I was experimenting with having the car multipliers at 1 and changing the Steering Force Intensity to control clipping. That didn't go so well though. LOL

I have also applied your latest settings to my main wheel profile. There are some tweaks, but that is more of a personal thing. Like 75% vertical load and 60% Lateral load.

9. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I actually try back the default FFB settings and turn up the steering force intensity to 100%.

Kinda like it for now. I also put the DRI mode on the wheel at 1. At 2, the dri can put some big osciliation when countersteer or big bump. I don't think this settings should be set higher than 2 for racing.

For some car with the newest physics, I even don't need to change their default FFB multiplier. M4 GT4 maybe need to up a little the multiplier, new porsche GT4 I down the multiplier by one click and feel better.

I'm also playing with the min forcefeedback settings a bit. This one seems to add some road feel into the wheel, but I need to test it longer

10. nolive721

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I have not tried it yet extensively but will this week

Have you test the csr with wheelchecker to refine your settings?
    AC has support for Lut and it really helpwd to smoothen up the wheel behavior in toght corners

11. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    In AC and ACC, if I use the LUT file for the FFB, i don't know why but when my wheel it's in the center position while driving in a straight line, He shake a lot.