Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I really like ACC. But RRE runs much much smoother on my system. ACC is recourse hungry on my triple setup. Yesterday I raced some 10 laps races after the RRE update and I had so much fun. :D
    Nice to race again after playing a couple of weeks mainly RDR2.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  2. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Aristoteles Dev Stream:

"Yesterday I talked live about ACC release v1.2 features demonstrating chassis flex, aerodynamics, brake pads!
    Beware of the sound volume at first, gets better afterwards.
    Watch it yourself and let me know how we can improve the format in the next one!"

3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Since I was affected by the VR frame drop issue, I tested the recommended advice. Loading via Oculus non-beta did not cure it, but loading via Steam VR worked, and solved the issue. My frames are back to normal.

A third tip that makes the round and includes the copying of some old driver files into the Oculus folder, is not necessary to be tried.

The problem lies within the latest Oculus firmware update. Its not Kunos' fault. By coincidence Oculus updated the same day as ACC did and went to 1.2.

Its meanwhile 1.2.2.

4. Slugger O'Toole

Slugger O'Toole Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    What a blast. So helpfull...

5. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    This is ridiculous, all settings minimum, 10 AI cars, solid 60 fps, but choppy as hell with "High CPU Usage" message.
    This game needs some heavy optimisation...

EDIT: This is since the 1.2 patch, Pancake mode (given up with VR in this title currently).

6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Runs fine using triples at 1080p, and even more AI and higher settings, though I have frames locked to 62.

7. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    *Speechless at clear troll*

Back on topic, if anyone has (sensible) suggestions, or even a fix let me know, I read that putting a frame-limit in place fixes it, unfortunately not for me. I was really enjoying this pre-patch :(.

8. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I think you don’t know what you‘re talking about. My hard ware is of course no where near potatoes.
    Even on a I9 9900k and rtx 2080ti, as you mentioned, ACC can’t run on 7680x1440 with full settings and maintain a 90 FPS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0

There is an issue with game performance with the updated Oculus FW and drivers.

The issue is independent from Kunos, please take it to the Oculus forums and report it.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...ware-update-read-inside-for-workaround.61524/

10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Thats rubbish I only use a i7 2700k @4.8ghz and a Gigabyte 1070 hardly top end in any form and runs smooth with ACC at high/epic settings, with 29 AI always above 70 fps and when it's just me 120+ fps..

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I only have a 1080 not the ti, and acc runs perfectly fine never even a hiccup always has even in early access. I just run the game on high rather than epic is all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Exiled Scotsman

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I mentioned it was without VR...

Just so you know, this was with no VR, no headset connected, no Oculus drivers installed, no Steam VR installed.

Something has happened in the 1.2 patch. It is clearly not affecting all, hence others are running it fine, but I have tried so many potential fixes I have given up for tonight at least.

13. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    No worries m8. Someday the sun will shine for you as well. Happy holidays.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  14. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    This is Steam-Community cocky-jerk- low-level and you better go back and stay there - and not just for a few weeks. So embarrassing. Sry for anyone who has to live next to you.
    Well, the trademark sign says it all -you're just a (bad) product....a shelf warmer...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Slugger O'Toole

Slugger O'Toole Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Tried my Rift S yesterday and yes, VR is really effed up in the moment.

But i enjoy HDR with track ir, so i am not that much disapointed

16. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried launching ACC in Steam VR mode? ;) Latest Oculus drivers cause the current frame rate massacre. For the time being , do not launch ACC in ACC VR mode, use Steam VR instead.

Solved it for me. Ma VR fps dropped by a felt 50%. Using Steam, I was immediately back to how it was before.

17. Slugger O'Toole

Slugger O'Toole Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    No, did not check it out. HDR looks to cute, for losing any time.

And tbh i now nothing about Steam VR

18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    You must not, neither do I.

Just launch via the Steam 2D app from your Steam library, when you hit the green start button there, you get the choice between launching ACC in normal 64 Bit mode, in Oculus VR mode or in Steam VR mode. Choose Steam VR, and hit continue. Done.

No editing of anything needed. Simply a multiple choice interface where you pick one of three options, nothign more.

Kunos introduced Oculus VR as an option only to avoid that the Steam VR gets launched along with ACC, in the background. Some ressources get saved that way, since ACC is already very hungry. When you use the Steam VR option, after leaving aCC you will have it still running in the background, kill it when no longer needed.

19. Slugger O'Toole

Slugger O'Toole Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks.

But i changed the SS in Steam VR once for another game, and now i can not find the slider again, to push it back. With 1.8 i can not play ACC:

20. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    David Perel around Kyalami Circuit

• Like Like x 1