Do we have to reset Graphical settings after Dec Update and how?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    As the topic suggests, after DEC 2019 update, is it necessary to reset graphical setting and is there a specific way of doing this? My profile settings are new as suggested, so that is OK.

I did notice a little bit slower Graphical performance?

Cheers

2. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Yes I too noticed a significant drop in FPS since the last update. I had to go lower my settings a bit as some tracks went from 60s and 70s to mid 30s and 40s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Delete graphics_options.xml

4. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Is there really the possibility to gain a few FPS after deleting the .xml and dialing in the same settings as before?!

5. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    No I presume

6. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Try running to time multiplier at 0 to see if that helps. It does for some.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Where is this located exactly?

In addition, for your information, my graphic card and the computer are capable of running any game at the highest settings with no issues. So it must be that I have to delete options?

8. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    C:\Users\????\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData

• Like Like x 1
  9. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    There are actually two options who consume many FPS, one is said above with the dynamic day cycle and the other ones are the shodow, they have now a higher resulution. SO try to turn the shadows down 1 or the steps.

10. Andy0340

Andy0340 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I don't play in vr but will post this as hopefully it will help someone as it's made a huge difference to me .
    Since the December update I've been struggling with inconsistent frame rates and frame timing regardless off graphics settings or resolution , I know this because 1 it's been bad enough to see and feel with the naked eye , 2 I always use MSI afterburner / rivatuner . Pre update I was getting a rock solid 60fps with vsync on , since update I've been seeing drops as low as 40fps . Have tried every suggestion going with no success until this morning , two things I did differently was to turn CPU min usage in win10 power settings too 8 percent from 0 and run the game without MSI afterburner / rivatuner . Bingo !! Silky smooth 60fps again ( monitored with steam FPS overlay ) couldn't believe it ! Had just about given up , not sure if it's relevant to you vr users but hopefully will be useful to someone .

• Like Like x 1
  11. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I did pretty much everything in order to improve frame rates and .... nothing. My computer is capabale of running every single power hungry games with no issues.
    There must be something else that need to be done. The frame rate drop was noted after dec update.
    Any suggestions?

12. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what happened today but it seems the there are some improvements with the frame rate. If it stays like this then I am sure it has been worked on. I hope it is the case