Problem with new FFB on G25

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Esa Ahonen, Dec 21, 2019.

1. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    No it is not. And most RaceRoom logitech users already have that driver, it is necessary for the auto wheel rotation to work.

2. Nibo

Nibo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That driver (5.10.127) was last updated on 2010-03-30. Of course, everybody has it already installed.

It would be interesting to know if this problem affects all Logitech users or just some. I.e if we all get same FFB or not. Maybe some users don't need that info from FFB that we are describing and they are fine with what they've got.
    Proto, do you definitely feel FFB on braking, locking up, does it get heavier when you transfer a mass to the front in corner, lighter when you loose front grip, etc?

It could be easier confirmed/solved if somebody from FFB developers tried G25/G27 wheel and confirmed that it works as intended.

3. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    What a great attitude. Several users have exactly the same problem and it's our fault.

Please tell my why reinstalling Logitech driver would help with R3E as it's the only sim I have issues with? Everything else works as a charm. And the problem started exactly from R3E update.

4. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Just to be sure I just reinstalled the Logitech software and tried R3E. The problem is there. But I already told you so...

It's funny that attitude some have here in the forum that Sector 3 can't go wrong anywhere, it's always the stupid user who doesn't understand the greatness of it all. I have seen this in discussions before.

I have been very happy with R3E and I haven't been complaining about things. But when I clearly have R3E related problem some besserwisser comes to tell my problem is on my side. How great is that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    G29 user here.

The Dec update has had a massive impact on the FFB for me; aside from feedback on hitting kerbs, the rest of the wheel is just consistently heavy.

I've followed the guides, checked the drivers and re-installed the game but I still have the same leaden FFB that I've had since Dec - I'm hopeful that this is related to Logitech devices (and so is something that could be remedied), and not 'This is working as intended' - for me this was the best Sim-Racer on the market, and I want to re-install it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    While those people may exist i dont think proto generally is one of them. You should have seen him on update day ;)

7. MrTanaka

MrTanaka New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    G29 here and i can say that after creating a new profile and using most default settings (reduced steering intensity to prevent clipping) i can clearly feel the steering go light with loss of grip. Really like the overall feeling of the ffb change.

8. Nibo

Nibo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok, lets remove a possibility that new profile on my side is created faulty. Could Proto or MrTanaka attach your current profile here, then I will try how its working for me.

9. MrTanaka

MrTanaka New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here ya go Nibo.

Attached Files:

10. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    This is probably the worst attitude in problem solving: "I don't have a problem so you can't have one either". If you have ever been involved in making software you'd understand that problems may arise in different environments. In my case it could be the Fanatec pedals and shifter with G25 or practically anything else. There's no such thing as standard sim setup. But still R3E should work with all supported hardware.

If you feel the information in FFB you said in other post, good for you. I feel none of them. Should I just go away and stop using R3E or what's your point?

Edit: the question is rhetorical. I'm waiting for answers from the devs not from you or your kind.

11. Nibo

Nibo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, MrTanaka. Game did not allow me to open your profile, since it is tied to G29 wheel and it could not find it. But I edited profile in text editor and copied my wheel name and id from my profile into it and was able to load your profile in game. I can say that FFB still seems the same - "empty". There is pretty strong self aligning torque that can oscillate left-right on the straight and kerb rumble and mostly that's it.

Proto, ok, I will try your file also then.

It would also be nice to know what are your values in windows USB game controller settings tab:
    Overall effects strength
    Spring effects strength
    Damper effects strength
    Center spring strength (if enabled)

12. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Nibo i hope to help you

Overall effects strength = 100
    Spring effects strength = 100
    Damper effects strength = 100
    Center spring strength = ticked and 10/5/50 depends on the car
    Degrees of rotation: 450/550/600 depends on the car
    Allow game: unticked

Tips: do not add specific setup in Logitech profiler

13. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I haven't said that all Logitech users have a problem. Or if I have somewhere I apologize for that. What seems to be clear is that it's mostly Logitech users that have problem. Or they have made a point about it.

Yes I use gear from different manufacturers, where does it say I may not do so? They're all supported. And yes they all worked flawlessly before the December update. You try really hard to make it sound it's my fault. Tell me, how could it be my fault?

What I and others here are saying: we can't believe we are feeling the FFB the way developers meant it to be. And we like to get it fixed. If what we feel is the new FFB, then it's totally different, I mean from the different planet than any other sim's FFB. Totally numb, no communication at all.

I really don't understand why you keep bitching to me about this. I have a problem with R3E - it's not a personal assault to you unless you feel somehow emotionally bonded to R3E. If you haven't got anything else to say that "you have a problem, it's your problem", please go away. If you're real R3E supporter, you would be delighted when bugs get ironed out and all the current and future users of R3E can enjoy it.

14. Nibo

Nibo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Here is what I found:

1. I created my new controller profile after December update. But I think it was before quickfix updates. 2 parameters that do not exist in UI from my new profile and Proto's profile do not match:
    "FFB steer force front grip exponent" - 0.75 in my file, 0.1 in Proto's file.
    "FFB steer load change exponent" - 0.9 in my file, 1.0 in Proto's file.
    If I create new profile now, then I get the same values as in Proto's file. So for whatever reason just after update my game created 2 different controller profile values than it is creating now. Maybe its a good idea to re-create new profile now for people with problems.
    *Update: now I think this parameters are just changed when in-game "Smoothing" and "Understeer" FFB values are changed. Then there was/is no problem with profile creation.

2. I had "Center spring strength" enabled at 40 in windows controller settings. I use it for many years with all my sims/games (R3E before update, rF2, Dirt Rally) without problems. I turned it off now, to have same values as Proto's profile and in R3E now constant resistance force is more or less gone. I can feel some understeer and mass transfer now. I can not say that I'm happy, but possibly if I further tweak other options it would be better... So maybe new R3E FFB is not compatible with "Center spring".

I still think it would be very nice to have old FFB as an option. It looks like new FFB is just completely different and, honestly, I would not have bought the game if it had this new FFB when I "trialed" it.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  15. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I wrote "what we feel" meaning us who have the problem. I have clearly stated from the beginning that as others are happy we can't have the same experience. You're like a broken record saying "I don't have a problem, nobody can have a problem".

It's not my personal topic. There are three of us in this thread who have exactly same problem. In your answers to me you are only telling me that I should not have a problem or it's my fault. So it's not a great loss to me if you stop helping.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I also had problems with logitech drivers someday and reinstalled the latest version but it did not work. There was an old bugged driver version isntalled. This had to be removed first.
    Here is a short instruction, in German though, but it might help or you can find one in your native language in the web.
    Might give it a try. You best unplug your wheel before.
    Have you tried to reinstall your fanatec driver?

17. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    There are newer undocumented drivers from around 2015\16, Raceroom used to have a loading page with a reminder or the address to download them!

18. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Maybe this here ?
    Software Version:5.10.127 / Last Update: 14-MAR-2016

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Yeah those are the ones. The people here having issues didn't mention issues with the auto rotation so it is safe to assume they have the March 2016 drivers.

20. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Most likely, i have it dated 1\4\2016.
    Obviously not safe to assume, has it not had it!