Esports Test Race - Monday, 30. December

Discussion in 'Esports' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Gyppo6769

Gyppo6769 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Giuseppe Ricci
    GT3 Porsche GT3 R 2019
    WTCR Cupra

2. Márk Balazsin

Márk Balazsin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Márk Balazsin
    WTCR - Honda

3. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
  4. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Updated the list.
    I will send you the passwords tomorrow just before the race start via PM.
    Since the server accepts 36 drivers, I will let all reserves in as well, but from now on signing up is only possible for the WTCR.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Live stream will be here:

• Like Like x 1
  6. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    it is GT3 and not the ADAC correct!!

7. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Yes GTR 3 class.

I have sent you the password via PM.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zoltan Csuti

Zoltan Csuti New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

9. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
  10. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Servers are live

11. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Stream goes live now:

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Nice and clean racing overall! Was a great first eSports race for myself and had some cool battles...After I recovered from my spin...
    My thoughts on the new physics/penalty system:
    The GTR3's are pretty immune to suspension damage when going over curbs etc. There's only some damage when hitting an opponent on the tyre (And I didn't even see that occur). This might be realistic, as in GT Masters and other series, curbs are there to be eaten. Looking at real onboards, the guys did attack every curb, too.
    The crashes I saw were a bit more realistic now. I had some scratches on my bodywork and some cars I passed looked pretty much torn up, but now way better than before-if that makes sense ;) Noticed my little 'incident'-counter. I had 9 incident warnings during the race, mostly by going off track but once or twice by some contact. That was nice but gave no penalty (I dunno if it was set up or not). I cut the track sometimes but not much and didn't recieve any slow-down penalties. Saw some of the fast guys on track riding over everything they could catch on the track, maybe I'm a little bit conservative :). I also noticed some guys with small lags, from my pov it looked like they were locking their brakes on the straights which was a bit confusing ;)

I was, in general, pleased with the politeness on the server and want to apologize if I was in your way at some point (But hope that's not the case...). I really enjoyed driving against some of the simracers I know from this forum (@Heath, @Arcson ) or even the professionals I know from watching the streams @Moritz Löhner , @Bálint Benedek @Gergo Baldi @Bence Bánki @Andre Santos ...) It was an honour to be in a race with you guys, even though you might not noticed me. And being in a stream was also very cool!
    I actually did some practice some days ago and chose the old Porsche with the Frikadelli Racing livery as I was used to that car while doing a bit of ADAC GT Masters fun racing half a year ago. Might not be the fastest car on RB Ring but my choice to drive pretty consistent. Targeting a middle 1.30, I joined in. I was able to set my personal best in practice (1.29.8 I think) and was pretty pleased with my starting position. Had some brake connecton issues in Quali, which were solved, thankfully (A big sorry to whom it may concern). I messed up my start as the HUD was to slow, the lights even weren't fully ignited as my CrewChief said 'GO!', so hopefully the guys behind have avoided my Frikadelli savely :) Had a pretty consistent pace, as some guys around me, and had some really close scraps.
    Before joining the event, I was hoping to beat at least one guy on track, after the race I can say that it could have gone betetr, but it also could've been worse. My highlight is that I didn't recieved a blue flag in the race and that I was able to keep up with Julian Kunze on his outlap after his pitstop :D
    Would love to race against all of you sometimes, but unfortunately, I'm too slow to qualify myself for the eSports events :( So it was a really cool one-off experience. Thanks a lot for the opportunity!

Greetings

• Like Like x 2
  13. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    This was a really nice and entertaining race, even though I finished at P25 :p

Absolutely sweet T1 after the race started, there wasn't a single driver trying to win the race there. I think I wasn't competitive enough with times around 1:31:5, but still had a lot of fun just - you know - racing! And what made me smile even more was a commentator mentioning an 'exotic car in the field' - my humble Ford GT :D I unfortunately had a contact with @Woman Respecter after his spin before the last turn and lost a couple of positons there (I'm sorry for hitting you, I had little time to react...). Then I was chasing guys in front of me and trying not to be caught by the guys behind. Unfortunately @Olaf Hülse was too fast for me :) But somehow I managed to drive away from @Benny Paine, though I could hear the roar of his engine like 3 seconds behind. Being lapped by the leaders something went a bit wrong and I got myself spinned at T1. Ending up at P25 my goal was just to finish the race, what I succesfully did :) Oh, and I lost quite a lot of time just because my stupidity, like turning on pit limiter just after the allowed speed was shown on the screen, or splitting the fuel into halves during the race (fueling can't be done at the same time the tyres are being changed... Damn, I should have known that having played R3E for way over 300h).

Anyway, I could feel respect. No random guys there but only the ones who know what it all is about. Really loved that and hoping for more opportunities like this :) Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  14. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Agree ! Was a very enjoyable event :D. Being from Australia it was a hard race at the beginning as couldn't see the cars in front due to excessive smoke..we really need server's in our region Maybe Malaysia as RaceRoom is already there. @Robert Wiesenmüller @J-F Chardon At the very least,it would help support the continued growth in our region..

• Like Like x 1
  15. Risto

Risto Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the fun race and insightful broadcast too - Robert is probably one of the few people in the world who can pull off a solo commentary thanks to talking skills and racing knowledge :p

I didnt do my homework so I was not on top of the new physics yet, although I do appreciate the increased fidelity in all aspects of driving. Great progress and base for 2020

Regarding damage - I received several lighter and harder nudges and also jumped over the curbs several times but didnt feel or observe any damage (as viewed from Otterhud)

Regarding BOP, I wasnt up to speed but racing the Porsches side by side few times I can agree that performance gap was big. Perhaps something more can be done with the BMWs default setup too - softer rear suspension so it doesnt overrotate in slow corners so much and then balancing it out with less rear wing to keep the car sharp in fast corners?

Finally, even around people with normal ping, the netcode seemed a bit loose yesterday. My main comparison is from LAN events, but I dont remember the cars shuddering and hovering as much compared ot the few ADAC online races I did this year either.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

@Heath we still have the server in Japan. But for such a test, it makes more sense to use an EU server, since most drivers are from EU.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    @Robert Wiesenmüller Thankyou. Haha. Sorry was not over clear . Meant to say more so for Ranking servers aswell. :D

18. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1