Resolved RaceRoom Unplayable Because Of Lock-ups In Settings Menu

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ASKTeK, Dec 30, 2019.

1. ASKTeK

ASKTeK New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I am reaching out to try to get some help on getting raceroom working again since the latest update. I have tried many different things but have failed to get raceroom to even function through the UI without it crashing. I have un-installed on steam, deleted all folders associated to sim bin, re-installed twice and still no hope. I've tried re-installing video drivers, unplugging my fanatec DD1 wheel and still cannot get anywhere. Anyone have any idea what I need to do to get raceroom playable again? I will attach my dump file.

I can navigate through the store portal and competition and even single player menus. When I go into the settings menu and click on Video or Control - it will lock up every time and crash. It will make the red menu buttons like a greyed out color and lock-up. Can someone please point me in the right direction to find a solution? I have not found anything via the forums thus far either.

Thanks a lot!
    Anthony

Attached Files:

2. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Delete ?
    Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience

3. ASKTeK

ASKTeK New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I deleted all contents in the Sim Bin folder in My Documents, twice as well.

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    can you please list all hardware and your pc specs, cpu,gpu etc and keyboard etc etc; its best to put it in your signature ....

Andi

5. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

6. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I had the same issue after I installed the new 2020 AMD driver package; solved when I rolled back too a earlier version,

7. ASKTeK

ASKTeK New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Mobo: Z390 ASUS Maximus IV
    CPU: i7 8700K
    GPU: ASUS GTX 2080 STRIX ROG
    RAM: G.Skill DDR 4 3000 16Gb
    Audio: ASUS Realtek + Sound Blaster X-Fi PCIe
    3x ASUS PG279 1440p Monitors (NVIDIA SURROUND) - have tried using in single screen as well.
    FANATEC Gear:
    Podium DD1
    Clubsport V2 Pedals
    V 1.5 Shifter
    Logitech Wireless keyboard & Mouse
    Windows 10 Pro - just updated to v1909 Build 18363.535 - v1903 & 1909 crashes on both versions

I have updated my NVIDIA Drivers with no success. I will rollback to an older NVIDIA driver to see if that will produce a fix. Will reply back the result.

Thanks for the replies!

8. ASKTeK

ASKTeK New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    FIXED!
    I rolled back to NVIDIA Driver 430.86 and the sim is now running fluently.
    BUT, during my first single player test session in a GT3 car, got about 2 laps into a practice and all the sudden the sim started to get stutters and choppy, averaging about 10 fps. I exited out and doing more testing now.

Previous Driver that made RaceRoom keep crashing for me was NVIDIA Driver 441.66 - their latest driver to date, released Dec. 10, 2019.

9. ASKTeK

ASKTeK New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So I have uninstalled Geforce Drivers via DDU to completely clean the registry and all NVIDIA driver files and re-installed to the second latest driver 441.12 and have had success with this driver as well. Have not had any stuttering or drop in FPS yet either. So happy to get the sim working with the new updates!

I am absolutely loving all the new features, physics, tire model, FFB developments! Kudos to you Sector 3, you guys have done a really fine job improving this racing sim to be even closer to what I would call a true simulation experience much more than older days of this product. Keep up the great work & I will keep supporting, racing & investing my money for more content. Thanks for bringing us another racing simulator that is a joy to be able to experience in driving virtual motorsports!

I plan on updating to the latest driver spec 441.66 in the near future to see if that driver will crash the sim again or if there was some screwy registries or files that needed cleaned up that was causing the headaches and crashes. Stay Tuned... Hopefully if someone else experiences similar problems they will find some answers on this Thread going forward.

PS - This is my first thread on the forums - I am obviously new here... Although I have had Raceroom for a long time and have raced it off and on but didn't feel the connection to my driving style compared to other sims on the market that I have preferred in the past. I must say, I think I agree with Billy Strange's youtube review that the GT3 cars are top notch on the market to date and a real joy to drive and race.

Cheers!
    -Anthony

• Like Like x 2
  10. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @ASKTeK So glad you didn't give up on it. Sometimes different combinations of hardware/software take a little bit of work.

11. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    441.66 works fine for me.