Released Formula RaceRoom 3

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 19, 2016.

1. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    FR3's model is based on Dallara F308, which was (or is?) run in Formula 3 series and I guess, it uses same specs.

2. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean by "finding the limit through the corners"? Because after testing it just now, it felt there's kind of an exit oversteer. Pulling back when exiting the test track chicanes, the car pulls too much inwards. Is it just me?

3. KubikOssi

KubikOssi New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    349vRP - is this for one or for all liveries?

4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    For one livery.

5. KubikOssi

KubikOssi New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    sorry, i've seen it now... 29vRP per livery, 349 vor all

6. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Yeah exactly. I was too lazy and/or busy to make setup tweaks, so the car was kinda understeery on corner entry and as soon as you try to correct it, the car suddenly oversteers through the exit.

7. LukeT2222

LukeT2222 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    No, I'm afraid not, it's 349vRP for the car and 1 livery and 29vRP for each extra livery. For all liveries it adds a bit over 1000vRP unfortunately.

Edit: Just added it up to 1074vRP which works out as just under €9,50 when bought from https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/1-100-virtual-racepoints.html

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    This car really bites you if you go over the limit ever so slightly, love it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Got to say along with the Tatuus F4 the RR F3 is fanbloodytastic!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. KubikOssi

KubikOssi New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I noticed it at the purchase :(

11. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Noticed the new patch included new sounds so decided to pick this one up finally for my premier Silverstone run.

12. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I was watching the weekend at the Norisring and realized I haven't tried the Formula RR3 - Norisring combination yet. And what a stupid mistake it was.:D I did a 33 min + 1 lap race against the AI and I had so much fun! It's not my favorite circuit to race on, but with this little car it's brilliant. I think the Euro F3 mod in AC is also pretty good, but it doesn't give you this twitchy feeling when the car suddenly oversteers through the corner exit, it felt spot on after watching the real thing.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Julien Frinaire

Julien Frinaire Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Another up for a damn freaking and lovely (or lively ;)) car. Wow! :) Really efficient even with mid/low wing and splitter settings :eek: A bit surprised again not to have to increase much the mechanical grip in return. Tried yesterday at Spa and I am addicted :D And I am not a huge OW fan :p

14. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Same here, can't say what is my favorite car but this one is in the top! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Julien Frinaire

Julien Frinaire Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    She is still fast, very fast, too fast? Compared to real laptimes? Fast cause really grippy in fast corners. I confess I am a bit skeptical...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I already compared my best time on Bathurst (not the fastest possible in R3E) with real lap times on YouTube and there's a 6 seconds gap. Obviously IRL you won't take the same risks as in a game so I can't say if the grip is higher in game but I suspect it is.

17. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    That's probably not the best comparsion though, because the F3 series around the world are using different cars, usually national series allow entries with older and/or less powerful models, but FRR3 is loosely based on the top level Dallara chassis used by the European F3 series, which got a couple of significant performance upgrades in the last three years to keep the series competitive against GP3. So if you compare the Silverstone leaderboard with this year's Euro F3 qualifying results, the difference suddenly looks acceptable.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Julien Frinaire

Julien Frinaire Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    It's ok but if I compare quali laptimes from Lando Norris this year at Spa, he would stand at the end of div 2 leaderboard :D But I guess the track limits shouldn't be the same ingame vs IRL ;) I will try Silverstone :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, this one and the tatuus sounds very weird to me compared to the rest of the content.. Also my ffb on this one car is very noisy, to the point I avoid it for now. Is there any plan to upgrade those two cars, sound n physics wise?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    All older content is a candidate for updates

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1