Released December Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    @Pit54 I gave that one a quick try and everything worked as expected... TC 6 = TC off

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  2. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    New M1 Procar physics not enjoyable to drive anymore on default setup..:( just not fun! @Alex Hodgkinson

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. J.M. Harrincourt

J.M. Harrincourt New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi All,
    the new tyre temperature display is very impressive in Car Setup. But after 6-7 good laps (each with 2 wheels inside the white line, + delta time showing continuously) I find a blank space in Setup, with a nice sentence: No recorded laps. 1x, 2x, ... 5x. I'm starting to get a little nervous.
    Does anyone have a helping hand?

4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Some observations:
    • I did a DTM 1992 race on the new Nürburgring GP Fast Chicane layout and the AI cars sometimes clipped the barrier at the pit entry in the last corner.
    • Broken AI cars are not teleported into the pits after a while, but stand there for the rest of the race instead.
    • I used limited damage settings, but it seems like the AI still suffered suspension damage as one AI car came into the pits shortly before the end of the race. The car was jacked up slowly so I guess it was repairing its suspension.

5. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    It looks like the mid speed corners are tricky for the AI. I had 2 races with 105% fixed AI at Spa and some cars turned round in 1st chicane after camel straight. AI was (as far as I could see) in a battle with another AI. And 2nd race at Ningobo full circuit at 1st corner AI soun out quite often. Not always but a little bit too often I would say. I also saw that AI at pouhon is not so fast anymore and braking for slow corners is way better thahn before. But that was stated in the update info for that amazing december update. So just some tweaks at AI and it is getting brilliant.

6. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    @anno900 it's most useful if you can state which AI classes you were racing against as it has to be resolved on a class-by-class basis.

7. anno900

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Porsche 911 gt3 Cup. Awesome to drive btw. I Had other races with formula junior at anderstorp full Layout with No issues and bilster berg, one of the short layouts, also No issues. I Just have the Impression that 105% fixed AI was faster before update. But I can increase to 107 or 110. Good for my Ego....

• Like Like x 1
  8. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    The GT3 ai continually crash at Monza, specifically Variante della Roggia (turns 4 and 5).

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Personally I don't mind if the ai crash, I enjoy racing raceroom gt3 cars over at Sim Racing Systems. And when racing monza, half the field often times crashes at the first turn. I have learned to just lay back and let it happen, the same way I would if I know the ai are going to crash at any given turn.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. anno900

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    It is ok if ai crashes from time to time and especially in a battle for Position. But currently it is slightly too much. And reproduceable partly. But it does, by far, not make it unplayable.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Today I wanted to drive in the Porsche 934 Turbo RSR. I noticed my Fanatec shifter does not work in H-shifter mode. I presume this car has a H-shifter and not a sequential/flipper shifter.
    Sequential works, flippers working. Only the H-shifter not. Before the update it all worked without any problem.
    Any idea?

12. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Has something changed the H-shifter setting in the game?

13. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    I'm on the VLN-layout, running the M4 GT4. Outlap and before I reach the Kuranbindung, 4 cars hit me from behind: Caymans, GT3, GT4....oh man, the ai is kinda unbalanced meanwhile. Sorry that I have to state this.

14. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Not that I know of. Strange it is.

15. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Just to be sure you have set H shifter to ON in the menu?
    Over the past days I used H shifter and manual clutch with the Porsche 934 on several tracks

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Cool. That was the problem. Is this a new setting? I never have seen this one before. Anyway it works back again. :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    It's not a new setting. I think during the recent update this setting was overwritten to OFF. Took me also some swearing and troubleshooting before I noticed it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok. Strange I did not noticed it before. Anyway, I’m happy ;)

19. Nils Herbstrieth

Nils Herbstrieth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
  20. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    This may be 100% a PICNIC item (problem in chair not in computer) but i no longer require 2 separate controller profiles for h shift and sequential shift cars. Before i had the hshift setting different and maybe some clutch setting between 2 profiles, but my full on clutch + hshift profile works for everything, both h shift and sequential. I'm guessing i could have done this all along, but just in case i'm posting in case it helps someone.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1