Oval content.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ilia3075, Jan 1, 2020.

1. ilia3075

ilia3075 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    First of all,i want to apologize for my bad English,because i am not an english native speaker. I would like to ask game developers about game content extension.There is only a road content in RaceRoom.Didnt you think to add oval content (i mean NASCAR and INDYCAR).There are a lot of simracers,who loves oval racing.But now,if you want to race in NASCAR or INDYCAR,there is only one way for you to go-Iracing.To my mind,RaceRoom and ACC are the reasonable alternatives to Iracing.If you dont want to pay constantly a lot of money,but want a hardcore racing simulator-you choose RaceRoom or ACC,and it concerns only roadracers,but NASCAR and INDYCAR fans are deprived of it.I am sure,if you add oval content,a lot of oval fans move on from Iracing to RaceRoom and the number of RaceRoom players will increase at least 2 times or even more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ignacio Negro

Ignacio Negro New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I agree. Y love NASCAR. Daytona Circuit, at least, please :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    What about oval content in rfactor2?

4. ilia3075

ilia3075 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think,that the number of players in RF2 significantly less than in RR.

5. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
  6. CDwyer

CDwyer Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I think its a pity that we dont get access to the ovals on the tracks we already have. Like Lausitz (tri-oval), you can see it, but cant drive it.

7. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I think adding ovals would be fun. But it also means implementation of other Nascar and IRL rules, modifying AI for example. But in the end you will only end up with fantasy cars because licensing is given to iRacing and Nascar Heat.

For now the closest to oval racing outside of iRacing is rFactor 2. There are a lot of oval tracks in the Steam Workshop and some Nascar, Indycars and Champcars can be found as well.

8. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Just like Brand Hatch. You can see the beautiful GP layout, but we still only can drive the Indy layout. ;):p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1