Released December Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 11, 2019.

1. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    The devs added the <alternative shift> feature/function. I guess that's the reason you now can use both H shifter and paddle flappies without having to switch profile. Well done!

2. Giangio

Giangio Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    hello i am preparing the car for gt4 championship, i noticed that the saved set ups are canceled from the last.
    Whenever you save a new setup, delete the old one
    stting.jpg

3. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Not much about the new Ningbo track, but I tried it during the free weekend and really enjoyed it. Nice to have a few layouts too. Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Alex Salazar

Alex Salazar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PLEASE NEED TECH SUPPORT FROM SECTOR 3 , SINCE 45 DAYS AGO I HAVE CRASHES ALL THE TIME AND NO FFB. STILL WAITING FOR HELP ?? COULD YOU PLEASE ..contact me

Attached Files:

5. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Who have you contacted so far?

6. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Regarding H-shifting again.

What I discovered lastly in Raceroom is the possibility to upshift without using the clutch pedal at all. If it comes to downshifting it is also possible, but only with a grinding gearbox and getting it damaged. I believe it is totally intended, as with a bit of skill one can do it in reality as well. As far as I know its easier to upshift without the clutch rather than downshift and I came to conclusion thats why its implemented in this form in Raceroom.

The clutchless upshift works always, unless I step on a gas pedal during the process significantly increasing revs and making them not matching the engine. A clutchless downshift without damaging the gearbox however seems just impossible to me. Is it doable in the current H-shifter model?

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I also wasn't able to get it to work until today, to revmatch a downshift without clutch, i think it isn't possible in R3E. so i think R3E just hasn't this implemented yet. It is the best H-shifter Sim for me, next after AMS, though^^

(AMS teached me revmatching with clutchless downshifts because of the good transmission model and also Heel'n'Toe, so i measure myself, to know, when a correct downshift should work, most of the time, also it showed me, that even some of these clutchless working gearboxes are driven smoother with heel'n'toe)

Group-C cars, for example, should be able to be dogboxed, if i remember correctly, you can't do that in RaceRoom on downshifting.^^

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to say thanks for this update, enjoying new damage model a lot!

PS: flat spots work nicely, this is like a different game. Fantastic stuff.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  9. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I can second that. Its really bad first lap, intermittent afterwards. Also, they sometimes brake extremely hard at the second Lesmo, turn 7 So hard that I give them a lot of space, to the detriment of my lap. AI set at 100. Probably not much can be done about that one. Overall, with the exception of collision detection failing during races, the AI have been quite enjoyable. Thanks for the work that you all do.

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    They are crashing or spinning every lap though in some categories! Not human like at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    "Dedicated server no longer loses its settings when the IP address of the hosting machine changes"

Server settings are saved all except Ballast. So it should be?

12. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I also wanted to raise one question about "TV Replays" in the game. Updating the game, new tracks, cars is certainly good .. But, when was the last time the replays in the game were updated?
    In the RR, you need tv replays, with overlays, with an auto director, everything is the same as in broadcasts. There are no normal replays, there are no good videos on YouTube. The number of videos and views is very low. Because the point is to write them down if nothing is clear "who is where." Not everyone can stream.
    If it’s difficult for developers, and I don’t want to do all this for free - let there be a paid replay. Instead of another car, I'd rather pay for a "TV Replays" ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ivan Sørensen

Ivan Sørensen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Added an option to force the HUD track map to remain static

and where do I find this, want to have rotating map

14. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
  15. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    The first thing I turn off. Really don't like to see that kind of information on my screen. Nice to have a disable function... :D

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Small Update: The Marshall is now waving a yellow flag :D
    2020-02-20 1650 0001.jpg
    Greetings

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    A pretty huge bump, but this is not fixed yet. I just encountered it on the Slovakiaring where an eSports WTCR AI car crashed out, but the car didn't despawn until the race was over.

• Agree Agree x 1