Ranked single player?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jetsun, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if it's a thing at this point, but I would be real happy to help ranking system in single player become reality, in a beta branch or something:

-my first months of learning had to be off line, too much off track and afraid of other cars :eek:

-I still have middle age internet, so single player will stay my only option until fiber light strikes.

-It would give a sense of progress (so would the ability to know what AI level the Adaptative system have chosen before a race, btw)

-that would help beginners like me to build up rank and safety rating (and race craft, real n as a rating, ACC system sounds good in that regard https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...acc-rating-system-part-ii-long-version.51975/) to be able to access future good level ranked server, may be with a slower progression of ratings in sp than mp.

-more data gathering, cookies for you to play with.

Sounds good in your dev and user ears?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Bringing in my own contradiction: thing is rammers will probably try to use this feature to access future high ranked servers, thus the idea to make rating progress in sp slower, so that rammers get bored or learn to appreciate clean racing, whereas diehard rookie mp wannabe are just having kind of forced but salutary sp AI's training.

Data gathering wise this system might (?) even be implemented behind the scene without us even being aware of it when having sp single or championship races, filtering DNFs

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  3. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    This! So keep it separated. SP-Rating and MP-Rating should be two separate things.

4. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Wouldn't that help to make it far more of a grind in sp, not unreachable, but a lot of work to reach viable rating, needs tuning but might work?
    Seems to me that if you are a rookie low rating server will be a death trap you'll never get out of, this harder sp rating will a least let the far away door open, n train u during the long grinding, AI is quite good to train with and get the basics of racing.
    But yea, I have no experience to really tell.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020