Fanatec General Discussion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DomB, May 22, 2018.

1. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply, yes exactly my thoughts, I use the softest resistant bungs and with the lower pressure, I think this exaggerates the problem. I wondered if anyone else had noticed it or have found a way around it?

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Try to find a comfortable foot position for your braking, and aim to hit that.
    And I would try to raise and get used to a higher brake pressure in Fanatec control panel / software.
    The elastomeres / resistant bungs is only to get prefered travel on the brake, use what feels best for you.

3. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I struggle with more pressure than that, it’s my left foot and is weaker than my right, I do try to get the same position but I obviously don’t achieve it Never thought I would need the Gym to Sim race:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I'm having an issue with the Black Friday deal at the Fanatec store. I'd like to order the V3 pedals with BPK which are on sale right now. And they are shown as available in the store and on the details page, but sold out in the shopping cart:

Black Friday_Fanatec_01.jpg

Black Friday_Fanatec_02.jpg

Black Friday_Fanatec_03.jpg

So what's going on? Can I order them or not? Anybody have any experience with the Fanatec store? Maybe this is a known issue? It's the first thing I'd like to order from there. Any ideas, @DomB maybe?

Thank you very much in advance for any hints.

5. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Seems to have solved itself. No more inconsistency between shop and shopping cart anymore. Stuff already ordered... ;-)

6. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    So Fanatec's black friday deals consist of new products but the same price as normal, wonder if they understand the meaning of black friday.:confused:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Well, the pedals are actually cheaper, but it's the only thing...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. sotti

sotti New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anybody have setup advice based on the new FFB model?

I saw that we should start from baseline, but that felt terrible on my DD2.

9. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Does anybody know if the fanalabs software will eventually allow modification of the FFB like other DD wheels do?

10. Tyger

Tyger Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My fan in my csl elite sounds like the bearing is gone - god damn awful noise. I bought it Aug 2018. Can i purchase a replacement fan? Thank you.

11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    @Tyger , contact Fanatec support via their website. You will have to upload a short video clip, which explains your problem. You should be getting a new one. Replacing is no problem (at least at csp wheelbase it was none).

• Like Like x 1
  12. ShikoraTomasu

ShikoraTomasu New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys, i have problem with my fanatec CSL ELITE PS4 in RR.

When i go on straights and turn wheel little left or right i feel heavy force feedback what wants my wheel move to the center but force is too strong and put it in other way and in this moment wheels goes to shake. For example... i go straight... steer little to the left and in hands i feel wheel wants turn right and wheel turn too much to the right and from right he wants steer to the left and from left to the right and left and right and left again again and again... iam very sad about this and i cant find reason why my wheel does this. Iam completely tried build my own FFB settings and i cannot find where is this problem. On the internet i saw this can be named " oscilation " is this true? Thanks you all.

///edit: this problem is only in R3R.

13. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    @ShikoraTomasu , what's the value of force feedback minimum force?
    Try to reduce.

14. ShikoraTomasu

ShikoraTomasu New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @fischhaltefolie i basicaly run on 0 but i tried 4, 5, 10, 20... and nothings happen :/

15. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Check if reverted feedback is enabled. So disable it. Or is it disabled, then enable it.

Hope, it helps.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    When I try to go into the Fanatec controll panel I get this:
    [​IMG]
    Have tried unplug and replug the wheel, and also restart the pc, but still get the same error. Anyone else got this?
    Also tried to go to Fanatec web page to try download and update the drivers to see if that help, but don't find download files on the new web page.

17. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I think you will find them under "media" This is from the Australian site.Would presume they are all the same.
    https://fanatec.com/au-en/mediagallery

• Like Like x 1
  18. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yes I found that page, but when I chose my Wheel base it takes me to the shop instead of a download page..

19. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    On the shop page scroll down a little. There are 3 tabs: Description, Downloads, FAQ. Click on Downloads.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1