The Sherlock Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HomieFFM, Jan 9, 2019.

1. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    God I hope not. It's just a gt2 with a different body kit. Wouldn't you prefer a new car that is new and not just another dressed up?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    good information :D

I know..... but damn I like that dress xD ... but still wondering which new porsche car is left as possibility?

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    just something new to speculate...
    upload_2020-1-6_13-12-28.png

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    So the 934/5 is still on the table:D

6. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it's only for the RaceRoom at Brands Hatch and/or a UK-based competition for UK based drivers-only? Similar to the russian Porsche Cup?

9. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0

They are working at some BTCC Content, but the vid only shows Brands Hatch (Indy, sadly) and the Honda Civic :/

Greetings

11. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Well, BTCC cars don't make much sense with only 1 and half track from UK. So yeah, fingers crossed.

But Russian Porsche Cup still uses Porsche Cup that is available to everyone. I doubt they would create this Honda BTCC car only for onsite events

12. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    As someone who cares little for touring cars but sees plenty of TCRs in enduros, what’s the difference between the BTCC and TCR versions?

13. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    VW-IDR-Rekord-China-Tianmen.jpg
    Somebody knows what happened to this beauty? I miss that tram sound :D

14. TheOutdriver97

TheOutdriver97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    There's much more standardisation in BTCC cars as most of the underlying components are common across all cars to keep performance parity and costs down. Teams can choose a standard series provided engine but some of the bigger manufacturers like Honda and BMW develop their own. BTCC cars can be FWD or RWD while TCR is FWD only and because BTCC cars are much more closely related BOP is mainly controlled through minor adjustments to turbo boost between race weekends. BTCC cars tend to run slightly more power than TCR cars and supposedly feel a little bigger and softer.

Up close BTCC cars feel much more 'homemade' than TCR cars. Front splitters are made from wood and the modified bodywork doesn't have the same fit and finish you get from a homologated TCR car.

I would strongly recommend attending a BTCC race weekend if you get the opportunity, at most tracks the top 25 or so cars tend to qualify within a second, the racing is extremely close and contact adds to the excitement, access to the drivers is great and there are some great support races. The 2019 drivers championship went down to the last two laps of the last race.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Don't wanna sound bigheaded, but I've got it in my virtual R3E garage :p
    J-F posted an redeem code in the VW IDR livestream (outdated now, sorry :/) and I unlocked it. But it is only good for hotlapping, as there's nobody to race against and the battery is out after few laps ;)

Greetings

• Like Like x 1
  16. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I'm embarrassed that it's been so quiet for a month.
    New guesses? New Porsche? DTM 2019? ADAC Masters 2019? WTCR 2019?
    Kyalami? Le Mans? Sebring? Magny-Cours?

I started playing REE too late and I didn't have chance to buy a Porsche 911 GT3R, so I don't know what to console myself with. :oops:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  17. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I've said this before, but at this point I'd be more happy with new features. For example, I'm really looking forward to the new UI Sector3 teased us with the new setup screen, especially if it makes things like a chat window finally possible. Also, dynamic daylight is great, but its performance impact is way too big at the moment, a little optimalization would be great too (not to mention an engine upgrade). Ranked multiplayer also looks promising judged by the beta.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    If we are not talking about adding new cars, then I fully agree with the new interface. It's probably the best UI I've ever seen.

19. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    IMO a good balance of new content and new features is the key... and IMO in the last month that worked out perfectly for S3S.

The new UI is really great stuff and looks very promising so far (@J-F Chardon will that new UI remove the last relict of the green orb in the Replay-Menu?)
    On the other side - i'm really curious, what the upcoming Porsche will be... i'd love to see the Porsche GT1 as it was an exiting car in an exiting GT1-era, but can't see any indications for it...

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    @m.bohlken - As a matter of fact, the replay menu is the one that's being webified at the moment.

The guys are starting from the end points in the UI (places that go no deeper in the menu tree) and working their way up.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1