Feature Requests for R3E

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Heath, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    It's a thread about feature requests - I don't think this is a hijack... :)

And don't get me wrong - as I said, I would love rain and day/night in RaceRoom. Like a lot others. Even the devs want it afaik. And I also expect it to happen eventually. Just not in the near future.

And talking about features for endurance racing...

RaceRoom has some of the most prestigious endurance tracks like Nordschleife, Spa, Bathurst, Dubai and others. So I'd really like to see more real endurance functionality.

Online driver changes is one of them. But especially for the Nordschleife a reworked netcode that allows more than 36 players on one server would be really nice. Just think about a 24 hour race with 100 cars and 300 drivers on the Nordschleife... :)

Maybe some kind of weather "light" would be possible. I'm thinking about dynamic track temperatures, maybe with changing cloudiness to visually reflect this. This together with the ability to adjust tyre pressure at pitstops to meet the changing requirements. Otherwise this wouldn't have any meaning. Just a thought...

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I don't think that's the case. There are several interviews with Diego Sartori where he said that the engine supports weather and night. Headlights don't shed any light right now because there's no point in it during the day.

3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm...can't remember the source but I heard/read otherwise...I guess only the devs could clear this up definitively.

4. Skev

Skev Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I'd really like to be able to turn off the virtual start lights as I'm a bit of a stickler for full immersion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Oxtar_

Oxtar_ Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I am VR user and have all HUD elements turned off (immersion :)) so I can't see any data of my laps on my screen. I use Crew chief for every information I need.

But very good option would be to have some kind of overall laps page in garage menu where you could see all session lap times, sector times etc. when practicing.

There are very good third party apps for this but this kind of thing should be in game already I think. Multiplayer have something like that already but singleplayer doesn't.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Practice mode doesn't have a list with your lap times, but you can set up a race weekend with a really long practice session instead. This way you can see your lap times in the garage menu.

7. Carlos Barros

Carlos Barros Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I can't see anywhere on a multiplayer race if it's mandatory pit stop or not. Can this be added to Session Info?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thxave

Thxave Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I agree. It would be nice to turn off the virtual start lights. Takes you right out of the immersion. They also overlap the traction control level/number when changing it to start the race.

9. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Agree, this and other informations like tire wear, damage, time of day, restrictions, etc should be visible when in a session ; at the moment you can only see them in the MP lobby before entering the server, in the column on the right

10. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if this has changed but until recently within a multi-race session, at the end of the first race you could not see the minutes of the next

11. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    -Visible weight distribution in setup
    -adjustable turbo boost
    -all race settings visible in race menu
    -manual start
    -driver's licences
    -variable track conditions

12. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    VR-players head movements. S3! Game knows about VR players head's orientation and position. Animate pls incar driver head. It will be very interesting when we can see real player poses in cars :)))))))

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Create like-Dirt-Rally menu navigation. When playing with VR fully non-comfort to do it with mouse-based interface.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Save races (or practice sessions) as favourites

So you set up your car, track, opponents, time of day etc - and then save it into a slot so you can recall it later without having to go through all the menu options again and again.

15. Thxave

Thxave Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Just set up a 10 race(or more) championship all with the same car, track, opponents and time of day.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020