About Endurance Races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silicchilicchi, Jan 11, 2020.

1. silicchilicchi

silicchilicchi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Guys, is there anyone who can tell me if in the future (I hope near) endurance races will be implemented with day/night effects and mid-save (maybe even only available during a pit stop) ...?

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    day night , not with out a new game engine, after that the save at pitstop is in the todowishlist internally

Andi

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
  4. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I've asked a few times about endurance features, like driver swaps.
    The problem is, for full endurance, there's too much missing.
    Day/night/dynamic weather.
    Diver swaps.
    Content like GTE class and modern LMP cars.
    Suitable tracks like LeMans and Sebring.

That said, with day progression, 6 hour races would be doable, but again with the issue of driver changes.
    Currently the only way of achieving that would be sharing a rig.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you in some points, endurance racing might not be the type of motorsports that R3E was made for.
    But:
    You're talking about the 'big endurance boys' there. We've got enough cars and tracks for every series (maybe except WEC and IMSA)
    • You can create VLN and 24h Nürburgring races with more cars to choose from than you have slots available (99, and your PC might not be able to handle more)
    • Blancpain Endurance Series races at Spa, Paul Ricard,...
    • 24h Series races (As we got Dubai now, it feels pretty realistic. And you can race longer than they did this year ;) )
    • ELMS Series (We almost got every track and a good choice of LMP2's and GTR3's-might not be the newest ones, but the open cockpits are looking better imo)
    • Bathurst 12h races are always enjoyable at R3E
    The GTR2's of R3E resemble some GTE's, combined with new physics and nice sound you're able to have some fun racing ahead of the GTR3's
    Only some guys do real 24h/12h races in simracing, the majority just puts the daytime multiplicator up-which also is fun to see
    There are endurance events with R3E, for example at the Nürburgring. Get a team together and have a weekend of fun! Everyone then has the same material to work with, there are no connection issues and you feel the teamspirit.

Don't get me wrong, Le Mans, Daytona and Sebring would be AWESOME, but are out of the R3E radius atm. But endurance races aren't always at the longest circuits, even WEC races at Silverstone or Shanghai which you can do in R3E too. And the P1's in R3E sound awesome and seem to have some electric power, if you listen closely to the engine sound...

Greetings

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I wish AI were capable of some sort of strategy in long races because right now they seem to just go to pits when they are low on fuel (and then they only refuel) and when their tires are gone (and then they only change tires)*. Of course weather, night, changing track conditions, etc. would be great, but even small steps will help people have more fun in the game.

---
    * - That, or their pit times are way off with time acceleration. In GTR3 class I lose 70+ seconds on full pitstop+enter/exit, but AI only loses like 40-50.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020