Fanatec General Discussion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DomB, May 22, 2018.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Okay thanks guys, will try when I get home from work.

2. JAM_Racing

JAM_Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    upload_2020-1-11_16-12-44.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. JAM_Racing

JAM_Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've been having an issue for awhile now, but I'm now sure of the root of the problem. I run Fanatec V3 Inverted Pedals and they were plugged directly into a ClubSport V2.5 Wheelbase. While racing, the pedals went out completely and I wasn't able to get them to show up on my computer at all. I switched from theRJ12 to a USB cable plugged into the Computer, but I lost the Brake Force adjustment that really helps fine tune the brakes.

I thought the module under the pedals burned up, so I ordered a new one and sent the old one to a friend of mine to check the ports and the circuit board for damage, but he said there's nothing wrong with it. I got the new module from Fanatec and it worked for like a day of two and it went out.

Now I'm back to a USB connection, but all of this happened about the time I started using Fanalab. I've never been able to get back to plugging the pedals back into the wheelbase, so I've been less competitive which is really frustrating.

Has anyone had this issue, or heard of it nd have any idea what to do to fix it?

Thanks,
    Jeff

4. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    So I have downloaded the driver, but when trying to install it say a newer driver already installed, and it won't let me install?..

5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Question, I suddenly feel rumble in my wheel when I drive slowly. It feels like I have a cog wheel instead of a belt driven. It is only with/in RRE. With other sims it does not occur. When I go to a menu, it feels like it should feel (smooth) but as soon as I start driving I feel this rumble behaviour. As said feels like rotating cogwheels.
    I tried it with and without the Fanalab software running in the background. This makes no difference. It looks like it is a setting somewhere. Although I really don’t know which setting could be causing this.

Any ideas?

6. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Try install it on the default C drive. I had the same problem.

7. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    That's what I tried.

8. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    If you have a newer one installed and it won't let you downgrade, uninstall it and install the older one afterwards...

• Like Like x 1
  9. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Definite yes too this always undertake a clean install whether upgrading or downgrading

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vojvoda

Vojvoda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Hi @DomB !

My sequential shifter doesn't works fine... It seems that the internal spring is broken.
    Previously I had bought some spare parts through the live chat, but I can't find that option on the new website.

Regards!

11. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    @Vojvoda Unfortunately the new website hasn't restored the live chat system yet. However, it should be more efficient to open a support ticket compared to the old site.

12. Vojvoda

Vojvoda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Sincerely the new web and "the new service" is garbage. I was waiting more than a day for a quotation about 3 springs. The new website made two charges in my paypal account. And today I receive the package with only one spring when I paid three...

13. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Our general response time for enquires has always aimed to be within 48 hours, it was the same on the old site. The live chat was a feature that made it possible to reach us faster, and we'd like to restore this service, but unfortunately it's not possible at the moment. Regarding double charges and incorrect items being sent, that is not normal. I'll send you a PM.

14. Karel

Karel Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    can someone point me to working settings for a fanatec v2 wheel and raceroom.
    havent played it for a while, been into Iracing where the wheel works out of the box.

but when i come back to raceoom, im loosing my head is the game this crappy or is it my settings that way off.
    right now it feels like an xbox gamepad would be better then this.

im really concidering removing the game as it is not playable at all right now

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    My goodness, calm down please... :rolleyes:

FFB has changed a lot last December. You should start with 2 things:
    1. If you haven't already, enable damping in the drivers control panel. The new FFB needs it for some effects, and if you don't enable it there in the first place FFB will be suboptimal. You can still switch off or turn down damping in game.

2. Make a completely new controller profile from scratch using the new default one and if you don't quite like it from the start, begin dialing in your preferences from here.
    After that you will find a whole bunch of threads in this very forum with people having shared their experiences and settings if you don't know how to find your sweet spot.

Edit: One more thing - don't use old car setups - they will just not work anymore. Physics have also changed making old setups TOTALLY obsolete. Always load the default one and start new from there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  16. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Setting up a new profile saved my ffb problems

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    nice....:D

why do you disliked that post @Andy Blade

18. Karel

Karel Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Thats super good info.

will try that, also didnt know about the car setups, so will erase them as well as i do use custom setups for most races.

edit.

i tried to play with it this evening but there is no way its possible to get it as it was before.
    made a new profile and now i get a swinging motion in the wheel left/right all the time. let go of the wheel and you will end up in the wall.

why does it have to be so hard ? i dont get it. searching forums for good setting and fiddeling with the game to get it to even work.

i have always been a big fan of raceroom but not sure what they have made with the updates but it completely rubbish now.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  19. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    It's not supposed to be as it was before. A change wouldn't make very much sense if the outcome was the same as before, right?

I can't help you with your wheelbase, as I have a different base, I only wanted to give you the starting point that is ESSENTIAL for the reworked FFB. All I can say is, that the FFB has become quite a bit better for me personally. It's more "communicative" in regards of the actual state of the car to me. A few people on this forum with the same or similar wheelbase would argue against this too. Opinions about the recent FFB changes are very different. But taking into consideration that dissatisfied people are alway A LOT more vocal, I'd say the vast majority is fine with it. I personally really can't help but wonder how your FFB can become as bad as you describe it.

But in general, as long as you don't want Fanatec to solve your problem, you should discuss this issue in another thread.

Only one last thing. Oscillation might be cured by a bit of damping.

20. Karel

Karel Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Yeah for sure, by same as before i meant that its would be driveable.As it is right now its really impossible to do one lap.

I tried the damping from 0 to 50 and the only thing i can feel is that it gets a bit more "slow" on the rotation.
    im always for change specially when the guys at RR do development that they do. The thing i dont like is that you have to fiddle with the settings so much to even be able to get out of the pitbox. if i compare it to Iracing or ACC these issues dont exist there.