ADAC GT Masters eSports Championship 2020 - Shootout Thread

Discussion in 'ADAC GT Masters Esports Championship' started by Thomas Bienert, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Thomas Bienert

Thomas Bienert Esports / Events Beta tester

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Dear Community,

happy 2020! To start best in this new year full of Simracing, we want to announce one of our eSports highlights. It’s time for the ADAC GT Masters eSports Championship 2020. If you dare, try to catch the stars. We bring you 5 onsite events, a huge community league, no travel costs for our permanent drivers, TV broadcast, presentation ceremony at the ADAC graduation party and a phenomenal prize pool of 80.000€! But my personal highlight is that we will have custom liveries for the very first time in the history of RaceRoom.

If you want to read the rulebook for the shootout. Click here!
    Head straight to the competition here!

Whaaaat? Custom Liveries – How can I immediately start painting?
    The easy answer: you can't! To be able to drive in your team colors, make sure that you qualify as one of our 20 permanent drivers for this season. So, we cannot open custom liveries for everyone. Please don't be sad: This season, we will still bring a lot of interesting content and challenges for every driver, and not just the best of the best. Make sure to follow our social media challenges, our Discord channel and this forum!

How to qualify?
    In the period of 24th January until 16th March, you can set your lap times on our leaderboards. If you managed to be one of the top 30 drivers for one leaderboard, we will invite you to our shootout races. Per shootout day, we will drive 2 races. The best 5 drivers from each shootout will start as a permanent driver in the full season! From this point, you can lean back and enjoy our streams. As a permanent driver you won’t be allowed to drive in other shootout races.

Fixed setups or open setups?
    This was probably one of the hardest decisions to make. We talked to lots of drivers. Robert and me felt in hours of discussions. In the end, we decided to drive the whole season with fixed setup. I know some of you will think positive and some negative about it. If we look passed to all SimRacing eSports Series then we can clearly see that balancing is one of the biggest issues for everyone not only for us. Opening the setups brings so many parameters to the bop process. On the other hand, we compared lots of our past competitions. And may you feel better with open setups. But there is just less difference between all drivers then we may expect. In the end, we want to learn more about BOP and want to have many different cars in our grid. What brought us to the decision to drive with fixed setup in both parts of the championship: Shootout and full series.

Shootout schedule
    Start leaderboard I (Oschersleben) on 24th January 2020
    Start leaderboard II (Red Bull Ring) on 07th February 2020
    Start leaderboard III (Nürburgring) on 21st February 2020
    Start leaderboard IV (Sachsenring) on 6th March 2020

Shootout I (Oschersleben + Most) on 07th February 2020
    Shootout II (Red Bull Ring + Zandvoort) on 21st February 2020
    Shootout III (Nürburgring + Hockenheimring) on 06th March 2020
    Shootout IV (2* Sachsenring) on 20th March 2020

Provisional schedule ADAC GT Masters eSports Championship 2020
    The current situation leaves us no space to say when we start. The only thing we know is, that we will start!

Motorsport Arena Oschersleben (postponed)
    15. - 17.05.2020 -------- Autodrom Most (CZ) ONLINE
    05. - 07.06.2020 -------- Red Bull Ring (A) ONLINE
    14. – 16.08.2020 ------- Nürburgring
    21. - 23.08.2020 ------- Circuit Zandvoort (NL) ONLINE
    18. – 20.09.2020 ------- Hockenheimring
    02. – 04.10.2020 ------- Sachsenring
    23. – 25.10.2020 ------- Motorsport Arena Oschersleben

We got 3 different events where we will pick 1. That's why we have 3 TBAs. What I can say is that 2 TBAs will be held on the ADAC GT Masters weekend. And you will drive it online. If you are already planning your own eSports schedule. Keep that in mind. The races will always be held around the real GTM races. But could be 1 or 2 weeks earlier or later. Still, this is just information and could go completely the other way around.

If I win all races of the season, what’s the prize money I can take with me?
    Regarding the positive feedback we got from last year. That our drivers really liked to be able watching more closely what motorsports really mean, we decided to split the prize pool into two parts. Cash- and proper awards. We want to reward you guys for driving the fastest lap, getting pole and so on. In the end this our approach for this year:

35.000€ Cash prizes
    45.000€ proper awards

Endseason Rewards
    P1 -- 10.000€
    P2 -- 6.000€
    P3 -- 3.500€
    P4 -- 2.500€
    P5 -- 2.000€
    P6 -- 1.800€
    P7 -- 1.600€
    P8 -- 1.400€
    P9 -- 1.200€
    P10 -- 1.000€

Random prize draws for drivers between P11-P24, who will get proper awards at the end of season.

Weekend Rewards
    - The fastest lap will be worth 500€!
    - Every weekend we give away huge proper awards for all winners. Even if you are “only” a guest.

Will there be a stream for shootouts?
    Yes! For our german audience, there will be Sebastian Gerhart and Thomas Bienert on the microphone. An English stream is yet to be confirmed (make sure to contact us if you are interested in streaming in your language!)

How much will be the ADAC Motorsports involved in this series?
    Very much! We are working hand in hand with ADAC Motorsports. That's why we will provide you all season long with information and content via www.adac.de/esports

• Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  2. easy_kill_72

easy_kill_72 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Okay really good !
    So will we do the season with a incoming 2019 ADAC GT Masters pack ?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. xPippo

xPippo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Is this online or LAN?

4. easy_kill_72

easy_kill_72 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Daaaamn, I thought we would race with a 2019 pack. So it's going to be with the 2018 pack, but the older Porsche too ?

5. SpaccoTutto1999

SpaccoTutto1999 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Pack 2019 in coming?

6. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    2018 Pack with the new Porsche.
    Both. 4 LAN and one online round atm. Other two races are still to be decided if online or offline.

• Like Like x 1
  7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The video thumbnail shows the Audi with a 2019 livery, though.

8. Thomas Bienert

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    "New 2019 packs?" Unfortunately not. There were some obstacles we couldn't get over it. From all that we achieved the past month, this hurts us the most. Just because we know that lots of you want to get Ferrari and Lambo. And we miss the new Audi. But getting the cars ingame isn't that easy. So we tried to find a compromise which ended up with team liveries for our esports teams. I think this is a worthy trade.

Surely we brought some new liveries. But this was just a coincidence.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Will the leaderboards be fixed setup aswell or only the shootouts?

10. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    The leaderboards have fixed setup too.

11. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Nice, might give this one a shot (Even though I am 99,9% sure I will not even make a shootout)

12. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I only speak for myself, but as someone with no interest in eSports it's not much of a trade. Will the eSports liveries be made available for offline players? If the current Audi were used as a base (and they may well say 'no' to you) then there's a similar size grid as the 2018 field. Fingers crossed the real 2019 liveries crop up for the respective cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thomas Bienert

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    You are fully right. That's something we got in mind all day long since we are working on this project. And obviously we are trying to make things happen, that you will have your benefits out of it. I can just tell you that I am crossing my fingers as well for 2019 liveries. But I can tell you we got many new things for 2020 in pipeline. So maybe the ADAC GT Masters Esports series isn't just the right thing for you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yuri Bascope

Yuri Bascope Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    @Thomas Bienert please, give a better information about this. "no travel costs for our permanent drivers". But the rules says 250 euros of travel support. So, which is right?
    And, our drivers are from Brazil, so they are allowed to race or it's only for europeans?

15. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    250€ of travel support is right. That’s what we had last year. People from Brazil are also allowed to take part but could be really expensive if you have to fly to Germany every other week.

16. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Today, the ADAC GT Masters Esports Championship returns! 8 Races, 5 Live events and a huge prize pool of 80.000€ await you. Will you be fast enough to challenge the champions?

To qualify for the series, you can participate in the online shootouts, and the first qualifier at Oschersleben has just started. You can participate for free here!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. xPippo

xPippo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just one thing, you said the setup was locked also for leaderboard , but I can change everything in the car

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    You can click in the setup and change values but it doesn't affect the car. You can only change brake balance, brake force and TC settings.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. xPippo

xPippo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oh that's good to know , thank you

20. Tim Heinemann

Tim Heinemann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0