Adaptive AI...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by racinjoe013, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    @Jiva

Iv'e been running 19 AI, so the amount of traffic is seemingly endless. I also set myself to start mid pack, which makes me have to defend and attack. The first few times someone was on my left or right was a surprise, but by the 3 attempt, I was expecting it.

2. Jiva

Jiva Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
  3. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yup. The Crew chief took a little getting use to. Plus I also I launch the web overlays through CrewChief.

The spotter would tell me someone is to my left on a turn, and to hold my line. In doing so, I end up running wide or going off the track. The spotter isnt the only one to blame though. I'm running a tight FOV with just one monitor, so a lot of the turns are blind leaps of faith. LOL.

4. Jiva

Jiva Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    My FOV is 0.6, what is yours at? If you don’t mind me asking. I’m still trying to figure all that out but seems good for me atm

5. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    FOV 0.7 here with triple monitors setup.

6. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
  7. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I have my fov at 0.6 with one 32 inch monitor, I use a hud with a spotter/radar with an added beep so I know if any cars are coming. I have had only four incidents over at sim racing systems, out of about thirty races. I would like triple screens for the immersion factor, but racing with a single monitor works just as well I think.

8. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Same here. Inc the triple setup.

9. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Hi @Bull Shark ,
    Good to see i am not alone with this value, been trying several FOV till i found this value was the "best" for my setup, but i didnt start R3E with launch parameter for triple setup.
    Maybe i will try it when i have time and see if things are less streched on the side monitors with launch parameter.

10. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    if you are running tripples it's a must to use the launch parameters
    If you set it up correctly you will get no stretching at all.
    Note that using the launch parameters the FOV is set automatically and then you use the triScrn hot keys to make adjustments

11. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Mine is set a little bit lower after the DOF calculation with the tips found on the Reiza Forum. It is set to 6.3XXXX I have to look for the exact numbers. I have altered the files setting within the RRE folder.
    How do you start in triple screen without using startup parameters? I need to set these otherwise I can't use my triple setup.

12. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    @MattStone, @Bull Shark
    Thanks guys for info, i didnt do it because i am lazy :rolleyes: but i will do it soon and yes @Bull Shark, on my side i could play with no prob at all without launch parameters, just the sides are streched, maybe because i am using the Matrox setup, it does cheat windows making believe its just one screen ;)

13. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    BTW i have a question reguarding white flag: are we supposed not to overtake when it comes? everytime there is a white flag i can pass 3 or 4 cars, it too easy...is there a way not to have white flag ?

14. Jiva

Jiva Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I try to race as I would in an online race including following flag and pit procedures so I’m better prepared for online races in the future.

15. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    white flag , is slow moving car , there is no rule as such so you may overtake

Andi

16. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Andi :)

17. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0

:D

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Now put her on a stick and wave her at a racetrack. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. racinjoe013

racinjoe013 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well after 3-4 weeks of trying, I unfortunately have come to the conclusion that this is not the sim for me. I want to make this clear, I love turning laps in this sim more than any other I have ever owned. The cars are just a joy to drive and it's the first sim that I feel adept at trail braking because the FFB is so good, I can feel the tyres rubbing against the road letting me know when it's time to ease off into the turns. I will continue to use this sim for practice because it's so much fun to drive.

But I can't race with it. The ai is just so bad. They don't seem to have any clue that I exist on the track. They force me to run non racing lines into the corners because if I don't, they punt me on just about every turn. I even had an ai car hit me in the side going down the front stretch at Road America. I just don't know what i'm missing because everything I read before jumping into the game was about how great the ai is and I am not seeing it. The adaptive thing just doesn't work because when I am lucky enough to finish a race, they smoke me by 2-4 seconds a lap depending on the track. I'm still not sure what they are adapting to. And even using specific ai strength percentages to make myself competitive doesn't resolve the issue of them running into me constantly.

So I guess I will just enjoy what I can and use it as a driving sim to turn laps to try and improve my laptimes, but I see no way I can ever use this as an actual racing sim.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    when your running ai @ a% what percentage and what car class would you say are giving you the most issues

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1