Thrustmaster Load Cell Pedals

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by William Richardson, Jan 20, 2020.

1. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Looks like thrustmaster are finally going to release, some load cell pedals. These are just web photos, found on another site. There does not seem to be much information about them, as of yet. It has been suggested by the model name T-LCM that a load cell brake and magnetic sensors will be used for throttle and clutch, but that is just speculation at this point. Although it does make mention of it on the box, in the first photo.

Gtplanet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  2. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Interesting. Wondering if Thrustmaster is working on a DD wheel also. Maybe the pedals are the new pedal set for their DD wheel?

3. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    Probably just higher tier, standalone product, like their latest rudder pedals (which obviously doesnt mean that they cant bundle it with they theoretical dd wheel)

4. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Judging from the photos, the pedals look like a beefed up version of the Thrustmaster T3PA (non pro) pedals. I wonder if a Thrustmaster T3PA Pro version is planned.

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    They look terrible. What happens if you don't have child's feet for example? Unless they are massively cheaper than the fanatec elites they're useless.

6. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    The heal plate is a lot bigger than the fanatec clubsport v3 pedals, its like 5-1/8 inches I just measured it. I am guessing the pedals are about the same size as the Thrustmaster T3PA (non pro) pedals give or take a bit.

7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The height of the pedals is very small though. Alright for playing in socks I suppose.

8. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Apparently the pedals have appeared on a chinese website with a price of $250.00-$260.00 us ( not confirmed ) depending on who you talk to. With the pedals having a load cell for the brake and hall effect sensors for the throttle and clutch pedals. At this price point they kind of fall in the middle between the fanatec csl elite pedals with a load cell and potentiometers for the throttle and clutch pedals priced at $199.95 us. While at the same time having the same functionality as the fanatec clubsport v3 pedals having a load cell for the brake and hall effect sensors for the throttle and clutch pedals priced at $359.95 us.

[​IMG].

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  9. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I had concerns about how they would feel under foot, but it looks like they were sensibly designed. The price is off putting but then again, most everything Thrustmasters makes is priced where I have second thoughts about buying it. If they work well, then it's an option I will consider. I'd like them a whole lot better if the pedals could be mounted individually.

10. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 4
  11. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    With the pedals having a load cell for the brake and hall effect sensors for the throttle and clutch pedals, and priced at $200 us they should sell a boat load. I have the fanatec clubsport v3 pedals, but I would take these over the fanatec csl elite pedals with a load cell and potentiometers for the throttle and clutch pedals. Potentiometers spell trouble no mater who makes them, in my opinion. I would not be surprised if a pro version was released in the future, to compete with the clubsport v3 pedals build quality.

• Like Like x 1
  12. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    It's a great set of pedals for the money, but...
    This hall sensor thing combined with Thrustmaster's support (in case of damage) is a problem. They don't send spare parts, if something is broken (after the warranty) you have to send your hardware to France. The shipping costs and repair will kill you, just because of a 5€ circuit board. A broken poti can be replaced (or cleaned) by yourself within minutes. And I don't understand why they not use their rock solid T3PA-pro as a base for a new pedal set? It's all metal, you can install the pedals in two different ways. It should be not a big deal to adapt a loadcell to these pedals, and you don't have to open a new production line with new moulds and all this stuff.
    I have the T3PA-Pro with an aftermarket loadcell (100€) and potis for gas and clutch and still prefer this combination.

13. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I use the fanatec clubsport v3 pedals now days, but I have a set of thrustmaster t3pa-pro pedals with an after-market load cell I picked up long ago. The only reason I bought the fanatec clubsport v3 pedals, was because of the hall effect sensors, unlike potentiometers they need no maintenance, and rarely if ever break as there are no moving parts. I would think fanatec in the near future will add hall effect sensors to their elite pedals. They pretty much need to, now that thrustmasters new pedals have them for the same price.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  14. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I have to say I'm very tempted by these. The price point and the 100kg load cell make them very appealing. I can see plenty of mods coming for these too. Unlike the fanatec CSL the springs for the gas and clutch are easily swappable and a damper could be added to any of the pedals with 3d printed adaptors.....

The CSL are the only completion at this price and I'm not keen on how the load cell is part of the pedal arm on those....

The only question now is when will Logitech get onboard with load cells?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Walking back the price comment. At $200USD, it's a decent price. And there appears to be some level of mod-ability with the throttle and clutch springs.

Definitely considering these now.

16. Force_Measurement

Force_Measurement New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Excited thrustmeter releasing load cell pedal. What is the price?

17. Force_Measurement

Force_Measurement New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Check this one out. This automotive pedal force sensor is also pretty accurate and reliable