Released Daytona International Speedway & Porsche 911 RSR (2019)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Jan 23, 2020.

1. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Now I understand - this can be called translation difficulties, but my post does not carry a negative side. Especially in this friendly forum, where I have never met any arguments between users.

But I will stick to my opinion that rain and day/night change should be in any simulator.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
  3. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    I can honestly say to you and to myself that I am not interested in this whole weather story at all . We already have changing time of day in raceroom - I'm not using it. Had this plus night and rain in project cars - never used it. Could be modding assetto corsa again - looks fantastic - but it is and remains a resource-consuming gimmick for me, both in terms of graphics performance and development effort for a simulation that was never originally designed for this. Please don't call other users lazy who are just playing for sheer pleasure, and never touching setups for example. For me raceroom stays a real sim no matter if there's rain, earthquakes, snow, meteorite impacts or whatever our planet is capable of throwing at our car.

Edit: just realised, I was a bit slow with my answer...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I think it is fair to say that the majority, if not all developers, have yet to perfect tire degradation, grip, tire pressure, driver input, developing track condition as to klag build up and debris, temperature both ambient and track, wind and a myriad of others I am missing in the most ideal of situations. And then if you take into account the almost limitless amount of variables when you introduce user set ups it seems hard for me to believe that what you experience with rain is even remotely close to realistic to put it simply.
    I believe it is more eye candy to show the graphic capabilities and less on actual driving experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I understand your point of view. A lot of people don't need it, but there are some people who would like to see the weather in a simracing game.

Let's say - who will lose if the weather in the RRE appears?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Meteor strikes? That would be a novel way to deal with wreckers...

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I'd say, the ones with poor hardware specifications :p But if it turned out it was me, I'd upgrade as soon as possible!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Right, I also fear the day when RaceRoom switch to UE4 with the same worse VR Performance as ACC. Because in ACC it's not possible to race in VR.

But I don't want to go back to monitor-racing anymore with actual or upcoming simulations.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Should R3E have night/day transition and weather ?
    It's not up to me to answer this question. The only one who should answer this question is Sector3 Studios and RaceRoom Entertainment. I'm happy with whatever they decide.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    If I had to choose between a feature I won't use or a new car and/or track to learn, then that's an easy choice for me. :) There's something wonderfully 'pure' about RRE that keeps me coming back a way that AC and PCars didn't, despite both having all the bells and whistles..

In an attempt to get back on topic - I for one am really excited about the RSR, and I'm also looking forward to learning Daytona with the Chevy DP.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Tomorrow ?

13. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I second that. even though last years car sounded a lot better.. the sound of the new exhaust is slowly growing on me. It reminds me of the Ford GT just angrier sounding I guess lol.. but will buy it none the less :)

14. krimmler

krimmler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Here is the new RSR on Daytona:

They finished second after a hard fight with the BMW M8 GTE. Unlucky the #912 leaded most times in the race.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    For me it is not important. Day/night weather etc. I never use it. I prefer driving in daylight on a sunny day. In Pcars I also never use the Rain options.

16. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    It was a lovely fight to watch and having watched 15 hours in total, it’s hard to remember how many times the lead changed between the two cars.
    Still it all came down to this then the M8 built the 10+ seconds gap to snatch the win

https://twitter.com/bmwmotorsport/status/1221503734200655873?s=21

• Like Like x 1
  17. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    What other cars would be needed to fill out the grid in this class?

18. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    @nickh158 in IMSA you would only have the BMW M8 and the Corvette C8.R as full time GTLM participants. And in WEC in addition you have Aston Martin and Ferrari in GTE Pro I think. Although the recently departed Ford GT would be a nice inclusion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I never got excited by the Indy course with half oval and flat concrete infield, but in fact have had many memorable races on that track, mainly with the FR-US. Same for Daytona, until I got a mod for AC and started running GT and Prototypes there. It has really grown on me and I am certainly looking forward to RRE's version. With a large mixed field, it should be a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    ^ I forgot about the FR-US. That's had very little attention from me so far.

• Like Like x 1