Future features I'd love to see added/tweaked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarcG, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Is there any warning when you have a penalty to serve ? If not it would be cool to have a permanent warning sign when you have a penalty, got dq just now cause i didnt see it pop up. If there is one i would like to know where it is =)

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    At the moment, I dont believe there is a visible message that appears on screen before you server a penalty. You only get a message immediately when you get a penalty, but then it goes away. Kind of easy to miss.

However, if you open the pit menu... The 2nd or 3rd option from the top will show if you have a penalty to serve. It will either show "drive through" or "stop/go." If you dont see either of those options there, then you do not have a penalty to serve. You do not need to go into the pits to see this pit menu, just press the button you have mapped and you can see it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Why don't you use Crew Chief??!!!...o_O He'll tell you if or when you need to serve a penalty too avoid a disqualify.:)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    ...... i forgot to turn it on XD i actually didnt know it said the penalties but I haven't used it since the update, with the new and very welcomed flag stuff penalties are now more common. Until now i never got a penalty.

On another note is there any news from s3 that they will bring more wtcc tracks to r3e ?

5. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    future features I would like to see:

- safety car (with car recovery of the stricken ones)
    - formation lap, rolling start for multiplayer
    - manual cooldown lap
    - buy crew chief or bribe @mr_belowski to make it an official part of your game and no other game can use it muahahaha... :-D
    - virtual engineer to help beginners set up their car. (Asking simple questions like "does the car understeer on corner entry?" and providing possible solutions)
    - more detailed overlay for replays, like standings, gap times, gauges, speedometer, brake/throttle input,"live" timing.. etc

that's it for now :-D

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
  6. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree in most of your suggestions: A safety car would be awesome. After the introduction off flag rules the next step to take :) Formation laps, of course. Cool down lap and return to pit lane would be a nice end of a race! More detailed overlays should be standard by now. The information already exists in game, they just need to be shown.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Sven Wever

Sven Wever Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I cant wait for those driver licenses/rating stuff....
    Any news on that sector3? Tinybit? Pleeeeease?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Krueger

Krueger Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    For me an virtual engineer it will be very great for help to setup. And of course driver swap, safety car, formation lap, cool down lap ....
    Sorry for my bad english :oops:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    • Connection list - All connected players.
    • Button to instantly send my car setup to other driver on server. (in connection list)
    • Overall better server management when you are admin. (kick/ban, restart, change track/cars, laps...)
    • Simply being able to make server changes without server shutdown.
    • Possibility to give admin rights to more players. (e.g. set admin password and who use it got admin rights)
    • Specdate race when I am not racing anymore.
    • "Team radio" - Being able to communicate with selected driver/drivers by voice. Other side have to confirm request to allow transmit with that player, to prevent mess on public servers.
    • Better filters in Multiplayer server list (for example: select Qualify only, specific car, track, hide servers with race in progress)
    • Voting to skip stupidly long Practice/Qualy sessions. (Some guys like race only, instead of practice and make qualy laps all the time) This probably annoys me the most, when after race I have to look for other server because I dont want to spend 30 minutes with practice and qualy to have 10 minute race.
    • Possibility to disable Practice and Qualy sessions at all. Server will run race after race only.
    • Option to make grid in next race according to results from previous race (with possibility to have reversed order)
    In overall, this is probably best sim-racing game I ever tried, but its missing some very basic features not related directly to car physics or racing, but server management and some other options which are possible in many other racing games for years, but RaceRoom is very limited to have that features or don't have them at all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  10. Sven Wever

Sven Wever Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Oh this one! YES PLEASE!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I'd like a per-car controller settings. For example with WTCC I set my throttle pedal to sensitivity 65% but it's not suitable with Formula 3.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, coming back to RRE after nearly two years and the progress made across the sim has been superb, thoroughly enjoying it.

But just one thing (for now!) from my OP:
    "Sudden Race Endings - Terribly immersion breaking to go to the End Screen like that the split second you cross the finish line, at least the option to finish the In Lap would be great."

This is still such an immersion drainer, please allow us to have a cool down lap, thanks.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    keanos likes immersion killing. :D

14. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I think, he thinks, that he have to drive the whole lap and then to the pits to end the race.

But the request is: Cross the finish line, cool down as long and how you want to and then press the esc key.... Or in a multiplayer race, drive as long as you normally see your Cars AI drive it around the track until everyone is over the finish line.

I can't understand, how this behaviour is liked be someone, as it is now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yes, if your car is still live after crossing the line in muliplayer you could potentially ram or affect other racers. If you finish well up the order you can have 2 mins of time, ideal to go to the bathroom, have a smoke etc etc.

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I would like to ask again for the possibility to select a HUD Skin from the gameplay menu and have it applied to all cars I use.
    Ideally in race we could then toggle between the specific car HUD Skin, the old style standard HUD Skin and the player´s individual preferred HUD that can be viewed in any camera mode.

Now that tyre temps and suspension damage are things, we should be able to see these and many HUDS don´t show them or even the gear we are in.