Released GT4 cars are coming in November

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Nov 13, 2018.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Someone has been paying attention!

2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Must be a new guy. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Bless, he'll get the hang of it, whatever it might be! o_O

4. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    speedboat.jpg

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. LaZanzaraRombante

LaZanzaraRombante New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    not a maserati gt4 ?

[​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 2
  7. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Ferrari owns Maserati, so I would not bet on it.

I think, we will get a few from the already included brands in Raceroom, like Audi, AMG/Mercedes, BMW, McLaren in the future.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  8. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    GT4.JPG
    GT4 groupe

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  9. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
  10. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
  11. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
  12. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Also, there is something electric coming in probably far future. I think it could be the eTCR.I can't wait for the insane acceleration this thing might have. 0-100kmph in 3.2sec.

Source: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/the-march-2019-developer-notes.12862/

14. dav_0075

dav_0075 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Pour oublier Citroen :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I've driven these cars a lot lately and I noticed someting odd. I'm using OtterHUD to monitor tyre deg and temperatures and it seems that some of the older cars like the previous Cayman and especially the KTM cool their tyres down gradually with their default setup, even on twisty circuits like Zolder. It's manageable on the Cayman, but pretty severe on the KTM. If I lower the tyre pressures and moderate the negative camber, at least the inner side of the tyres remains near the optimal range, but the outer side of the tyres is still cold. Is this intentional or a side effect of something else?

16. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    First of all, the tires are now much more reactive to how they are driven. From my experience the Cayman isn't particularly easy on its tires, so you may just be taking it a bit easy in the corners. The KTM however, is very light with very large tires, so it simply just doesn't put enough energy into the tires to get them to the optimum. This can be a disadvantage on tracks like monza and for people who don't push the car too hard, but it can also be a big advantage when others are overheating their tires!

17. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I am struggling withe the opposite.. The easiest example in laguna seca.. I burn up the front right tire (outside tire for all the hard sweepers). I increase the pressure a little and reduce negative camber.. rather than it reducing heat it often increases. Decreasing the pressure usually means I can get 2 1/2 laps before that tire sees 220F and then wear happens faster.

The 1992 audi and the cayman I literally cannot find any solution to this. With the older audi even running the hard tires and reducing the negative camber by 2 degrees does absolutely nothing for me, in regards to heat. Adding stiffness to the front roll bars yields zero help other than slowing me down, or softening the back. I prefer a softer suspension, but at most reduce by one click front and back - but I don't dare do that on laguna, zandvoort or zolder for example.

Looking across the tire surface the temps on the middle and outside are usually within 1-3 degrees F of each other with the inside being just a degree or two off of that when I hit critical.

I start with the default setup - but with that outside tire I am generally adding .75 to 2 degrees of positive camber and adding 2-5 clicks of pressure.

Regardless, I'd really love to hear possible solutions. Laguna is a track I have both competed at in real life and have spent countless time on with a few street cars as well. My racing line is pretty reasonable.. Turn 9 going downhill is the most interesting in that I can see a 10-18 degree change in temp in literally 4 seconds. This is an tough on tires turn in real life - but turn 5 and 6 shouldn't be causing such incredible tire temps.

I would really appreciate any tid bits of info or suggestions.. The (GT4) bmw and lotus don't show this extreme behavior for me..

nathan

18. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Interesting, it must be down to our driving styles then. I'm not particulary agressive with my steering input.

19. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    The Cayman has quite small front tires so they heat up quickly and the 92 audi is 4WD ofcourse, so that will put a lot of load into the fronts as well.

The best things you can do to combat this are firstly making sure your hot pressures are correct. Increasing them can reduce temps a bit, but ONLY if you are already in the right operating window. When that tire gets way hotter than optimum, the pressure will also be way too high with the default pressures, this will only reduce grip and make the tire slide even more. So it makes sense that increasing pressure further here only makes it worse. So make sure all your tires are around the optimum 175-180kPa for GT4 (but you can deduce it from the IMO temps in the setup menu). Then you can potentially increase the pressure for the hottest tire a tiny bit to help with the temps. As you already did, lowering camber can help keep the heat down, especially on the inside part of the tire. Then finally you can do a tiny bit more by having a soft front ARB to spread the load to the inside wheel as much as possible.

You definitely won't eliminate the overheating, but you will at least minimize it. And similarly to the KTM, this might be a disadvantage on tracks like Laguna Seca, but it might actually work in your favour on tracks like Monza, where the Cayman can keep temperature in the fronts much easier.

• Informative Informative x 2