Track limit penelty when entering pits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wsimonds04, Jan 31, 2020.

1. wsimonds04

wsimonds04 Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I keep getting track limit penalties when I enter the pits and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I check the replay video, and my car does not come close to going over the lines as I entered. The penalty time has been anywhere from 0.9sec to 1.6sec, and its been at multiple tracks, as well as with multiple car types (GT3 and BMW 235i)
    I do use AI pit control, but this happens on the entry road before I get to the speed zone.
    Anyone else have this issue?

2. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    What track is this happening ? Pit lane begins where the cones are

3. wsimonds04

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I got the penalty at Hockenheim, eurospeedway & Hungaroring. The warning popped up saying I had exceeded track limits while I was still on the entry pit lane well before getting to the cones.

4. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, there is definitely some weird stuff with track limit penalties when entering the pits. We recently had a race on Hockenheim in DTM and I think all of us got the drive through after the mandatory pit stop (and I was super careful after seeing first few guys getting penalized - didn't help me). Not sure where the problem is, but I don't think it works as intended.

5. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Devs are aware and working on it. Something in the Dec update upset pit/track lanes.

6. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Fixed it for you :)

7. wsimonds04

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0