Bathurst 333 | Sunday 02/02/20

Discussion in 'Special Events' started by Simon Fillingham, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Nope, everything enabled. And I also had a few puffs of smoke I saw here and there around the track. But I didn't notice any warping of other cars. I never saw one of these smoke-puffs emerge from another car - they just were there when I came around a corner. So maybe the warping only happend with cars quite far away in front of me and I only sometimes saw the result a bit later when I came around.

Is your racing PC connected via cable or WIFI to your router?

2. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Ethernet connexion. I haven't had things like this at my league races And I found a pending windows update after the race

3. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    hi all

Server2
    Thank you for the wonderful race.
    It was a gentleman and fair race.
    It was a difficult race, but I'm glad I was able to run to the end.

See you next year.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Maximilian Leverer

Maximilian Leverer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Was this a ranked race by the way? So far it doesn't seem to have an effect on my ranking, neither positive nor negative.
    Maybe the ranking will be updated after all reported incidents are cleared up?

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    as far as i know this wasnt a ranked race

Andi

6. bobleren

bobleren New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I was racing on server 4 as well. I had no issues with GTR3 cars overtaking in sector 2. I truly signaled all GTR3 cars that I left space on the left side on the two left handers leading up to the short straight before heading down the mountain again.

Some GTR3 took benefit from it, others didn't.. Some pushed to overtake too narrow places, but backed out of it when realizing that we didn't just move away from the race line.

Before the race I was on the practice server racing against the GTR3's, only intention for me was to figure out exactly which corners I could let them by without compromising too much. Found 4 corners:

The cutting - Turn 4, easy to open up the inside a let a GTR3 car by.
    Frog hollows - Turn 8 and 9, easy to leave room on the inside
    Forrest Elbow - Turn18, Go wide and leave room on the inside.

My experience was that only 1 GTR3 car was "harsh" and tried to go for passes on too risky places, but nevertheless he backed up before it got too dangerous.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I saw it all go off in my mirror. Even in a long race people get far too excited in T1. It's a shame. But an endurance race is all about bringing the car home so well done. I was under a lot of pressure for the first half an hour but the guy who had similar pace to me crashed out. I love these longer races, really have to think your way through the race. I had a big gap to second so I could just follow the gt4s through the twistys and not take any risks.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Giangio

Giangio Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Someone went too far in dubbing on server 2

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. sps.for.r3e

sps.for.r3e Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Server #5 GTR4 here.
    This was my first "official R3E" Event.
    Got some hits from behind already before seeing the first corner, which resulted in a light suspension damage.
    I had a nice clean and close race a couple of laps in the beginning with W.Berera.
    The rest of the race was just surviving the mountain and checking mirrors for the GT3s.
    Except of one GT3 driver in the end of the race and pack, everyone else was patient in sector 2 so it was a joy to take part in this multiclass event.
    Thanks for organizing the race and congratulations to all survivors.
    Sascha Sullivan

• Like Like x 4
  10. DonaemouS

DonaemouS New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    YES! This is the way, move away sunday driver!!! :tearsofjoy:

11. c0ldwhiteite

c0ldwhiteite Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely. My plan was to get a clean start and just relax at a consistent pace, and even after damaging and pitting for repairs I was able to do. My engine damage was nearly to the bottom so I was really worried any little thing would kill the engine. I ran 2:11s most of the rest of the race being down on power but it felt great to come home in one piece and finish the race.

• Like Like x 2
  12. mrSweSin

mrSweSin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Very fun race. in server 3

• Like Like x 1
  13. SBR_APOLLO

SBR_APOLLO New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was following that guy that hit you we were battling and I think he really wanted to win, he spun out 3 times

14. SBR_APOLLO

SBR_APOLLO New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  15. mrSweSin

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    no lag for me. Only one or two cars that was jumped back and away. So i dident dear to challenge to much the first 5 laps.

16. mrSweSin

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0

17. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Stewards report for Bathurst 333
    Steward - Si Fillingham
    Steward - Rob Weisenmueller

Just 4 incident submissions were received by the stewards. We urge drivers to submit any incidents where they think they have been unfairly done to. It may not mean much to you but if a driver has no respect for their fellow competitors and is gaining positions/time unfairly because of this, then it should be reported to promote fair play.

Submission 1

TRAPP / MAIA (Server 4. L1, T6)
    MAIA tries to recover after an incident at entry to T6. MIAIA shows no consideration to his fellow racers and runs straight into oncoming traffic resulting in a heavy collision with TRAPP. MAIA then immediately retires his car.
    DECISION: 3 STRIKES MAIA

Submission 2

MAJOOR / VROMANT (Server 1. L32, T23)
    VROMANT attacks MAJOOR into T23. There is contact at apex resulting in MAJOOR spinning. VROMANT did not have substantial overlap at corner turn-in to have a right to the inside line.VROMANT gains the position unfairly and does not return it.
    DECISION: 1 STRIKE VROMANT

Submission 3

MERAZZI / STJERNEBY (Server 3. L41, T18)
    STJERNEBY attempts an overtake on MERAZZI into T18. MERAZZI takes the inside line early on the run down to T18 and leaves little room for STJERNEBY. Through corner turn-in, STJERNEBY hits the rear of MERAZZI causing MERAZZI to spin. STJERNEBY waits for MERAZZI to recover and even gives him a nudge to try and get him facing the right direction. A sportsmanlike gesture from STJERNEBY but not advised with the new damage model.
    DECISION: 1 STRIKE STJERNEBY

Submission 4

STOFMEEL / MAJOOR (Server 1. L49, T21)
    MAJOOR attacks STOFMEEL into T21. There is contact at apex which pushes STOFMEEL wide on to the grass. MAJOOR does have substantial overlap at corner turn-in point and can keep a fairly tight apex. There is a small contact when STOFMEEL turns in which unsettles MAJOOR’s car, straightening it up and pushing STOFMEEL off-track. Stewards are happy that MAJOOR did not take the position unfairly.
    DECISION: NO FURTHER ACTION

• Like Like x 2
  18. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    The sun has set behind Mount Panorama to bring to a close the first Special Event of 2020 for which there was no easing you into a relaxed competition to begin the years racing. When looking at our calendar to decide upon a date, the Bathurst 12h weekend jumped out like a kangaroo hot-footing it across Skyline and the Bathurst 333 was born. Our Special Event would be the climax to a weekend where all the eyes of the motorsport world would be focused on the Australian legend.

The leaderboard time trials would be notable. The GTR3 & GTR4 shoot outs would be the 999th & 1000th competition at RaceRoom and would entice 539 entries - the highest ever response to a RaceRoom Special Event - with all drivers being invited back to the Bathurst 333. Jack Keithley (GTR3) & Tim Heinemann (GTR4) topped the LB in their respective classes.

1 lap here is often enough to scar many a driver for life, but we had 208 brave souls who accepted the challenge of enduring 333km. 113mins of this infamous track, lined with concrete walls waiting to wreck your car and your dreams as we went racing with full damage enabled. Add to the mix multiclass racing and drivers had their work cut out to bring their car home unscathed.

Race day arrived and after watching Bentley achieve their 1st major endurance win, it was all eyes on the B333! 6 servers filled eagerly and at 20:15 CET + 150 metres, 200+ drivers headed into Hell for the 1st of 53 times that night...

Unfortunately, it became apparent that the race servers were feeling the strain of the load and some drivers experienced lag and instability which was evident on the official broadcast (we are investigating the cause of the problem). This was a huge disappointment to all concerned with the organisation of the event, nevertheless, drivers soldiered on determined nothing would stop them in their quest to beat the mountain!

Congratulations to all that completed the distance of the Bathurst 333!

Official podium results

Server 1 | GTR3
    1. Kuba Brzezinski
    2. Gergo Baldi
    3. Nikodem Wisniewski
    Server 1 | GTR4
    1. Simon Omil
    2. Giorgio Mangano
    3. Georg Ortner
    Server 2 | GTR3
    1. Alexander Biasizzo
    2. William Foyle
    3. Thomas Jantsch
    Server 2 | GTR4
    1. Tim Koch
    2. Carmine Carpentiro
    3. Stefan Fritsch
    Server 3 | GTR3
    1. Mr Minimi
    2. Ian Peiffer
    3. Marko Zeiler
    Server 3 | GTR4
    1. Christian Seidel
    2. Jaime Clavijo
    3. Carlos Serrano Cazorla
    Server 4 | GTR3
    1. Ricardo Santos
    2. Maximilian Leverer
    3. Sébastien Renaud
    Server 4 | GTR4
    1. Christoph Muller
    2. Mirco vHB
    3. Callum Morgan
    Server 5 | GTR3
    1. David Faraday
    2. MM AVBS
    3. Teodor Svensson
    Server 5 | GTR4
    1. Sascha Sullivan
    2. Marcel Zegula
    3. William Berera
    Server 6 | GTR3
    1. Lukas Habersam
    2. Jochen Egger
    3. John Pecchia
    Server 6 | GTR4
    1. Laszlo Gegei
    2. David Anderson
    3. Marcelo Giordano
    -----------------------------------------------------------------​

VRP Prize winners

As stated, all drivers who took the chequered flag would be entered into a random draw for a 500VRP code. There will be 1 code per server. The draw will be made at 09h CET on 7th February at randomresult.com. Please click the following link to find out the winners. Codes will be sent out within a few days following the draw.

Server 1
    Server 2
    Server 3
    Server 4
    Server 5
    Server 6
    --------------------------------------------------------------------​

Thank you to everyone who posted a lap time on the leaderboard and participated in the Bathurst 333 to make it the success it was. Thanks also to Miguel & Lewis who provided excellent commentary through testing times.

We will endeavour to learn from this experience and look forward to presenting another Special Event in the not too distant future.

Si.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  19. sps.for.r3e

sps.for.r3e Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  20. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Apologies, Sascha (@sps.for.r3e), I had read the results wrong. I have corrected the post.

Congratulations on winning the GTR4 class in Server 5!

• Like Like x 2