Bug Broken FFB(TMX PRO)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by R.Noctua, Feb 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    That broke it, that's all. If earlier I assumed it might not be so, but yesterday trying to adjust the FFB I noticed that there is no steering sound. The sound is similar to "transitions" when you get the steering wheel's reverse force - there is such a sound everywhere (iRacing, AC, ACC, RF2, even F12019), but it is not in the RRE, just like there is no normal feedback. I assume that the error is that it is transmitted, but very little. The minimum effort in other games at level 7 is a lot for this steering wheel. In RRE - it's nothing.

Please dev give me information on this problem.

2. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Will dev help with this problem?

3. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean by steering sound ?
    To be honest i don't understand a word you are trying to say.

4. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    If I may guess it's the total lack of little detail in FFB. Those little vibrations cause geared wheels to "rattle". I have written about the same issue after the December update. Still not fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
  6. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Mate, are you following me? You think I don't remember what I wrote about a week ago?

At first glance I thought the problem was solved, but comparing 20 hours of RF2 and 10 ACC, I concluded that my opinion of solving the problem was wrong. Slip effect gives the feeling of front wheels slipping, but it is not a solution, there is no minimum feedback - I have spent 5 hours for identification that problem in RRE on this.

It is possible to say for a long time that everyone feels feedback differently, but what I wrote in the beginning of a theme - it does not demand any assumptions or speculations - TMX does not work correctly and this fact.

Absolutely right.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Might help to mention your settings, otherwise nbody knows what we might be dealing with here.

Also, do you have slip effect enabled?

8. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Now the default settings. The Slip effect on this steering wheel gives only a kickback when braking. And its level should be from 35.

But I am sure that the problem is at the program level, I doubt that making any changes(ingame config FFB) will help. There is a controlset file or something like that, but it's a dev work for fine tuning FFB - I don't know about it, im just reviewed it for reference.

9. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, FFB issues are always the hardest to diagnose, as there are many different wheels, different software and maybe most importantly, many different people. Even when two people are getting the exact same forces through the wheel, one might love it and one might hate it. Unless there are extremely clear signs of issues, like getting no FFB as with the SimuCube issues, we can't know for sure if there is an issue with the game or if someone's expecting something different than what we designed.

That being said, one setting that might be interesting to try with lower end wheels is the FFB linearity in the .rcs controller profile (Documents>My Games>SimBin>RaceRoom Racing Experience>UserData>ControlSet):

FFB steer force exponent="1.0"

Lowering this setting makes the FFB less linear, amplifying the forces in the lower range, while compressing the higher forces. This should help to make better use of the limited torque range of lower-end wheels. I'd suggest trying about 0.75,

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    That's right - it's a cheap steering wheel, I just want to get FFB at the level of other games, I don't expect anything above the capabilities of this steering wheel.
    Thank you very much for the information! I'll check in tonight, hopefully it'll help. :)

11. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    What I have reported in other threads and creating a support ticket is the total lack of little details. I don't think it's an expectation issue if wheel is completely silent when causing massive understeer. It's just a constant force to turn against. And the total lack of road details, the little bumps. Now eg. Nordschleife is like driving on glass. Only very big bumps come through like on Fuchsröhre.

Or do you mean that the FFB after December update is meant to be like that? Can you confirm that this is by design?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  12. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    @Thomas Jansen I did it, it didn't work. It just gave me a strong centering. :(

Now I'm 100% sure we have the same problem. Confirming every word you say.

13. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    @Thomas Jansen. As you can see there are others with this problem too. Maybe it's not widespread but it exists.

I have quit driving RaceRoom after December update. Before that it used to be my go to sim. There's no point trying to drive when you have no feel of the car.

Could you please examine this issue properly?

• Like Like x 3
  14. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday, after another attempt, I put the game on the shelf. :(
    Which I am sure - FFB in RRE cannot be worse than in other games. At least, otherwise I wouldn't have bought content for 100+ euro.

@Thomas Jansen I hope you find a solution to this problem sooner or later.

Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    @Thomas Jansen @Alex Hodgkinson

Would you please inspect this problem and give some information when it will be fixed. This problem has now been reported several times in many threads. Only one solution has been offered by Sector 3 and that doesn't fix the problem. It's not good that you just vanish from the threads. This problem is not matter of taste or a little nuisance, it makes RaceRoom totally undriveable. I haven't driven at all after December update (if not counting a short test just before writing this), there's no point when you can't feel the car at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Just checked on the Steam forums to find out how widespread this problem is. Seems that lots of users don't find their way to here but are commenting on Steam. Thread of 92 comments has lots of users telling about exactly the same issue (and of course some who are happy, just like in here):

https://steamcommunity.com/app/211500/discussions/1/2865909778226016756/

I think it would be fair from devs to come here and say: "Yes, we hear you. Yes, this will be inspected. Yes, it will be fixed".

17. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Only problems can be fixed. The new FFB is not a problem in the eyes of the devs. How should they fix something they can't even reproduce?

18. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like fun. Okay, then who can solve this problem?

19. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I don't know why this kind of "your problem is not real" comments come from other users when people are telling they can't drive RaceRoom at all. I mean what's the point denying problem that several others experience?

Please try to understand the nature of this: it's not like having iRacing type of FFB (without canned effects), it's the total lack of detail. No road bumps at all, no understeer feel, just a constant centering force and big jolt here and there. Only detail comes from driving on kerbs or going off track. There's zero feeling of what car is doing.

If it was just a matter of taste thing, like if it felt iRacing kind of FFB, I wouldn't be complaining. I'd rather try to adapt to it or just think this is not for me. But this isn't something anyone can adapt to. Driving is just guessing what car is doing.

I think there are enough users describing exactly the same problem so devs should inspect this properly. I'm certain it can be reproduced if some time is put into it. Currently devs have offered one solution and it doesn't help. After that - complete silence.

Do you suggest that it's somehow wrong to try to get help? Should we just quit driving RaceRoom in silence?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  20. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    It's a kind of local fun of this forum and other simracing forums - if it works for me it means it works for everyone.

It is worth taking into account that some people in principle do not understand how it should work and believe that everything is good and here we're not talking about FFB feelings, just a trivial comparison.

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...most-realistic-ffb.177505/page-3#post-3115368 such topics do not reflect the essence, RRE is an expensive game, so fewer people play it. But as for FFB - it is not worse than in ACC/AC and that's a fact.