Ningbo full circuit track limits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GearGrinder, Feb 8, 2020.

1. GearGrinder

GearGrinder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    It seems like the track limits for ningbo are messed up. Pretty sure I'm not driving off the map.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Aspius

Aspius Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Which corner? Where is the car positioned when it happens? The more info you provide the easier it's to see if anything is wrong.

3. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I noticed the same. Don't remember exactly witch corner, but it was the last few corners before the straight.

I also noticed the ai(silhouette class) goes wide and spin between T2 and T3.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. GearGrinder

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Just tried making a video of it happening and now it appears to be fixed.

5. DrKarotte

DrKarotte Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Seems to be in fact and still broken - the corner combination before the start/finish straight, where the pitlane starts. Can happen directly when starting time attack (the current competition).

6. GearGrinder

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Yes. that was where it was happening. Maybe I was taking a different line thru there that didn't trip the warning.

7. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    Still happening this evening. You have to stay in the middle of the track to avoid the cut track warning in the left hander just before the final right/left combination (if you just touch the line, you get the message).

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    I tried this evening and it is still happening. It's nearly impossible to complete a lap, except if you stay on the right hand edge of the track where the pit entry line begins.

9. DrKarotte

DrKarotte Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Finally managed to make a video of the strange track cut penalty at Ningbo, which was not as easy to reprduce as expected (in fact I almost thought that this was fixed or at least limited to a special layout): The video shows two attempts to start a time attack on Full Layout, the first clean, the second penalized. I am not even near to the track limits in both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DrKarotte

DrKarotte Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Apart from that it is a little bit annoying that the penalty is kept even if I restart the session. So I have to cross the starting line and then hit restart - if not the whole lap is invalid.

11. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean the warning message on the left side? That's just a visual bug; when you restart the session, the message is still there although the next lap will be valid again (unless you cut the track again, of course).

12. DrKarotte

DrKarotte Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    OK, thanks, good to know :)

13. Herman He

Herman He Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I love the layout of the NINGBO track, but I hate the corner cut detection. It seems to be off by a long way.
    I did a session on the circuit in preparation for the WTC 2019 competition round 3 and I found several corners to be a problem.
    The most noticeable error is the third corner before the finish line as mentioned above.
    I hope this gets fixed before the WTC 2019 competition round 3.
    With more than 5.000 drivers participating in this competition, this problem has the potential to create a very large number of very frustrated drivers...

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  14. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Yeah learning this track rn, really like it, I too still have this false track cut detection at T21, in practice.
    [​IMG]