Problem Error 13

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by OlivierMDVY, Oct 1, 2018.

1. mjw9847

mjw9847 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I did that on Wed. when the problem first appeared. It found that 1 file was missing and said it would reacquire it but the problem remained. I ran it again today and it said once again that there was 1 file missing, etc. and no improvement. I have been trying for over an hour but have been unable to get onto the race server at all. Going to uninstall-reinstall and see if that helps. I'm in the US and there is one other American in my race league and he had the same problem I did on Wednesday. There were 36 others in the race but we 2 Americans were the only ones who had a problem.And his issue went away and returned in synch with mine.

2. cmackey

cmackey New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm having same issue, this started a couple days ago. Seems like it times out on server connect. Just stays stuck on startup box.

Attached Files:

3. cmackey

cmackey New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Mine is also a replica of your problem, including timeline. I'm also in US on Pacific coast. Reinstall didn't fix anything.

4. mjw9847

mjw9847 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Interesting. I've just uninstalled and reinstalled the game on Steam and there's no change. Hopefully Sector3 will get this fixed but in the meantime I'm going to go to a VPN and set my location as somewhere other than the US and see what happens.

5. svt4cam

svt4cam Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Have the same thing going on here. Uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, Had a problem with dropping connection about a year ago and a new router helped that. This one I have no idea and quite frankly after having to vacate two more championships because of these problems I'm done with RR3E. It's more trouble then it's worth.

6. mjw9847

mjw9847 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    FYI for those of you having the connection and Error 13 problems, I got a VPN installed and set my location as Prague, Czech Republic and it took about 60 seconds to get into the game, and I was racing in another 60 seconds. I just did a practice race with the AI but so far, no issues.

7. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Can I just move to Prague?:rolleyes: I'm sure S3 will get this worked out.:D

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  8. mjw9847

mjw9847 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Be my guest. I believe three of the guys I race with are Czech and I'm sure they wouldn't mind you moving in;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. kcoxphoto

kcoxphoto Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Is the game not getting past this screen for you?

Attached Files:

10. ducman888

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    For me it hangs at that point and after several minutes if you click on the pop up you get the warning would you like to close or wait. If you wait it just remains and the application never launches.

11. kcoxphoto

kcoxphoto Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that's exactly what's happening to me. It started yesterday. I'm also US based.

12. cmackey

cmackey New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Same thing here, in California

13. cmackey

cmackey New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Was able to get in about 3 hours ago, did a race and all was good. I'm afraid to ever close it now. I guess I'll never play any other Sim again for as long as I live. :/

14. mjw9847

mjw9847 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Congrats @cmackey, I'm still on the VPN and am going to stay on there at least until after my league race tomorrow and then I'll probably disable it and see if I can get in normally.

15. ducman888

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Today everything loaded with no issues, with no adjustments made on my end.

16. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    loading takes more than 5 mintues got to select servers in mutiplayer then boom error 13 crashes afterr