Bug Dedicated Server Still Losing All Config

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by RWB Rodders, Jan 28, 2020.

1. RWB Rodders

RWB Rodders Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Hi - in a previous patch it was reported that the bug that would wipe a dedicated servers config when the computer running it loses internet connection was fixed.

Unfortunately it's not. My internet went down for the 1st time since that patch and all config gone, again.

Is there any chance, short of a permanent fix, a dev could explain how to recover the config at least and save having to manually set it back up along with all previous race logs back where they should be (used for ballast calculations).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  2. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I have had this many times since the patch and have posted on here, had it again today, had to reload everything again, banned list was still there though; same the last time;

3. RWB Rodders

RWB Rodders Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Yeah our banned users come back too but that's all.

4. maulbongo

maulbongo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  5. maulbongo

maulbongo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    And this one is still not fixed :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Agree; I had to recreate all my servers yesterday after the update, kept my banned list as before

7. RWB Rodders

RWB Rodders Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I stopped all my servers the night before and was OK. This really needs fixed though. It's been an issue for years and is becoming extremely tiresome.

So much great improvement in the dedi capability guys and your netcode is excellent but spending an hr or 2 recreating all the server config 5-10 times a year isn't funny anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. RWB Rodders

RWB Rodders Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Could we please get an official line on when this is going to be fixed. Power outage there and all config is gone again. One stop from just giving up on running Raceroom servers tbh. Sick of this. Twice now been told it's fixed and if anything it is worse.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. RWB Rodders

RWB Rodders Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    After setting all the config up again, no change in my IP address since doing it and all config is gone again this morning in the API.

The actual servers are still running and available in the Raceroom MP lobby and can be joined.

Is it possible to get them back without manual config again? Do I have any chance of getting a response?

10. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Agreed this should get fixed ASAP as it can be very frustrating, really creates a hassle for those of us trying to support the sim with leagues races etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. RWB Helmit

RWB Helmit New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Agree, very frustrating for the community

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. (RWB) Madbeater

(RWB) Madbeater New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Come on sector3 this needs sorting.
    As mentioned above raceroom is a fantastic sim and delivers in so many areas, its proved to be a great platform for our league racing, but I fear if this problem isn't addressed soon that we will inevitably take our league racing elsewhere

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. RWB Cos

RWB Cos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    At least an acknowledgment of the post would be a start. What's the story lads?

14. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hello all!

We will provide a way to save and load your settings in an update soon.

The system, as it is, was made so that your preferences are saved into the cloud, but the identifier is the IP address of the host machine. This is not convenient when the host isn't on a static IP.

We recently tried to use the mac address of the host, but that had to be reverted as fetching it proved to be failing for several types of systems, so we're now back on the IP identifier for the time being.

Bear with us until we ship a save/load on the dedi UI. Shouldn't take long, hopefully.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. RWB Rodders

RWB Rodders Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Many thanks J-F. Very much appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  16. (RWB) Madbeater

(RWB) Madbeater New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  17. RWB Cos

RWB Cos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  18. maulbongo

maulbongo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for information.

19. GeriSoft

GeriSoft New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Still having this issue. Afer about 1-2 weeks, sometimes the server app stop working. when restart, it says I can create my server, or import settings. I can make backup and import settings, but only 80% of settings saved in the json file. I always need to attach the image for the servers, and need to set up the url for upload the results. These fields are not in the backup.
    Please fix this if possible