The difference between M1 gr.4 and m1 Procar?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by R.Noctua, Feb 17, 2020.

1. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Hello, friends!

Is it worth buying an M1 procar? I already have an M1 gr.4, but I didn't quite understand the difference, just a little information on the forum.

As far as I understand this is difference in engine speed and tires?

2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    This is a quote from Alex : "The Procar is lighter than the Group 4 version as sprint-type components are used. The engine's rev limit has also been raised, allowing for a bit more power to be freed up. All these changes together mean that can lap a few seconds quicker than the Group 4 car, even though both use the same tyres." Source.
    The Procar also has a lot more liveries.
    I think it's worth buying them both, but i'm a big fan of old cars and definitely this Procar version. I have good memories seeing my childhood heroes like Lauda, Piquet,... racing these cars on Zolder.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Not to forget Hans-Joachim « Strietzel » Stuck! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    How could i forget him :oops:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Like others said, it's bit heavier, bit slower version of Procar. For me personally it's definitely worth of for sounds alone (different exhaust - different, very sexy intake sound) but then again i'm big fan of BMW and classic racing cars. :)

Edit. Lol exactly other way round, i touhgt you were asking If gr4 version is worth it :D So If you like gr4 one and want faster version of it then yes it's worth of it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I kinda blanked the Gr.4 version on the basis of already owning the ProCar.. I do however want (/need) to learn heel and toe for the updated physics, and I guess the Gr.4 version might be a touch easier for that?

"Very sexy intake sound" is intriguing me too. :)