Feedback on [BETA] - RANKED servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stickdeath1980, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @Mauricio I dont have any more info sir but it looks like you are just on the edge of the maximum allowed.
    How are you connecting to the internet? As in wired direct to your router or over WiFi?

2. Mauricio

Mauricio Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
  3. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @Mauricio Well that is the best connection to your router so it is not a bad or laggy connection in your house.
    I was trying to make sure that you have the best set up on your end to eliminate any problems.
    You may have mentioned it before but what part of your country are you in?

4. Mauricio

Mauricio Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    @Larry Foster
    my country "Santiago", connected to my internet provider by fiber optic, locally I have ping 3, with the local servers down 600MB and up 100MB, outside American zone 130 ping approx down 80MB up 10M Europe (Germany) 220 ping down 50 rup 40, attached detail

upload_2020-2-22_22-55-54.png

upload_2020-2-22_22-59-4.png

upload_2020-2-22_23-0-38.png

The query is ... Before separating by zones, I had no problem entering any server ranked. After separating by zones began the disconnections by ping, apparently ... the maximum ping for the servers was diminished so it is guaranteed that only among people of the zone or region of the server, but it does not allow the furthest we can access all the Server content ranked in different areas, you can see in the multiplayer menu before entering what is the maximum PING allowed to each server so avoid disconnection while inside and the loss also "painful" points for that reason .. I appreciate all the information, Regards

• Like Like x 1
  5. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @Mauricio Sir would you like to have a new best friend so we can have GREAT internet together?
    I am so mad right now that we do not have the type of internet that you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    As far as the issue of the servers being changed to a lower tolerance of ping I fully understand your point.
    With internet as fast as you have you should be good. But I think that it may have been changed to eliminate some questionable issues for the Ranked servers since they are only in beta. This is only my guess, but they might change this in the future after they get the system running more correct.
    Oh and congratulation on having fiber internet I'm SERIOUSLY jealous

6. Mauricio

Mauricio Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    @Larry Foster
    Thank you for answering and I hope you are correct and will stabilize in the future ...
    I leave the suggestion again:
    It is possible that in the information shown in the multiplayer menu you can check the MAXIMUM ping of each server so avoid entering sections that potentially eject it later.

Thanks greetings

7. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @Mauricio This is what ravey1981 said earlier. Also there should be a ping slot on the Multiplayer server screen that shows you your actual ping to that server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    RR3pic.png
    @Mauricio This is what my screen looks like after the servers have loaded

9. Mauricio

Mauricio Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    @Larry Foster

upload_2020-2-23_3-29-58.png

Now I am the envious ... I am far from your ping as you can see in my image ... with 250 of the upper limit I am almost with one foot in the abyss so it must be that I can enter but at the least change I can reach 250 and out ....

In any case, a thousand thanks for the concern.

regards

10. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    As i remember it was said the ping limit for all ranked servers is 250ms.
    Though i can join any server for roughly 45 seconds with a ping of 350-400ms

11. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @Mauricio Well sir come to the East coast servers and have some good close racing. Ive seen where you are in the rankings as you can look them up per a persons name and we are not far apart.
    Im glad to have at least tried to help.
    I hope to race with you some time

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    A few times I happened to make a head to tail.
    So this affects me with a 1 or 2 point incident.
    I have to turn around to get back on track and this affects me again by an incident of several points (5 points?).
    It is not normal for a single error to generate several incidents

Sorry for my bad english

13. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @Hervé45 Your English is good. I don't try to race with a high ping because of just this type of problem. My ping is at 155ms most times to the European servers and I have not had to much trouble. Anything over that I try to avoid just to not make a problem for others.
    I think some racers don't fully understand the problem of high ping

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mauricio

Mauricio Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    @Larry Foster

Thanks, and hopefully run into the track. Now I regret that they are not the same car / track combinations in the USA zone and Europe, when they were not divided by zone it was a pleasure to run in series like the dtm92 with my Spanish league partners in the ranked. Today is impossible, there are the same car / track combinations in the American zone and the second in Europe is where more drivers run. At some point the ranked points can be implemented in private servers? I ask because I mostly run in leagues in Spain, where we do not restrict by ping so strictly (400 ms) and we have not had problems.

Again I appreciate all the information, thanks

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joel Willstein

Joel Willstein Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Over the last few weeks I've been racing on the ranked servers, and have competed in 22 races to date. My stats are:
    #1409/1531.2/92.5/pg #3. Let me premise those numbers with some personal background. I'm 72 years old, and my front running days are long over. Up until this past Sept, the last time I sim raced was back in 2000 running GPL. My goals are therefore somewhat different then most of you. I try to run a clean and respectful race, stay out of Harms way, drive within my limits, Always finish, and hopefully on the led lap. My favorite class is GT3 driving the Green #1 Porsche 911R just in case any remembers seeing me. I'm proficient enough to run on 16-18 tracks, learning more as my club races requires it.

When I started, I was a consistent back of the grid qualifier. Now I'm slowly moving up to the front of the back 3rd or so of the grid. The issue that now happens (like in today's 3 ranked races), at the 1st tight few corners I brake a little early to avoid running into the cars in front of me by what is usually a few yards or so, but consistently I got hit really hard in the back, spun out twice to no fault of my own. Why so many drivers refuse to learn that you can't win a race if you don't finish, and certainly by those insane 1st lap all or nothing dives into any tiny spot that may get them one place up in the race position standings. I realize that there's nothing that can be done about it till eventually they get disqualified, and I've been quite shocked at the number of qualifications I see on my screen during my afternoon races ( I'm in the EDT zone ).

After reading this thread, I'm sure that now I'm getting penalized for these incidents which is hurting my ratings, or even worse might get me disqualified. So I thought about going back to qualifying at the tail of the grid again by simply running a few slow qualifying laps as I'm not sure if not running any qualifying laps would get me disconnected from the server. Is my approach on this issue, proper, fair, or against the rules?

Joel

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Incident points can harm your reputation but do not affect your rating. Rating is all about where you finish compared to others in the race. Avoiding T1 incidents is a skill in itself, sometimes it even pays to run wide and out of harm's way if a pile up looks imminent.

There is nothing wrong with qualifying at the back if that's what you want to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I am just a little younger than you and I could have written almost exactly the same post, slightly higher than you 530ish last time I looked, I do join late and do not qualify if it is a busy server then miss the mayhem and finish top 10 most of the time

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  18. Joel Willstein

Joel Willstein Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    OldFart,
    Thanks for the info. So every time that I got hit in the back, it did effect my reputation as I've noticed it has gone down a few points every race today. Nice to actually meet someone close to my age, as I'm old enough to be many of the members Grandfather. So can join and just seat in the pits, and it's ok.
    Thanks,
    Joel

19. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    You can, any that join after you will start behind you, it is not the ideal way, but it has aloud me to be able to race, my ranking and safety had been destroyed, i was on page 13 over one weekend got to almost the top of page 2 around 511, it helped with my confidence a lot; still crap compared to the fast ones, my servers (look for my avatar) are up most evenings i am usually on one one of them for a bit, come say hi, still get the mad ones, no afraid to ban the worst ones if they ruin for vast majority

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  20. Joel Willstein

Joel Willstein Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, and will do as I've seen your server up. It's really hard for me to fathom that you were on page 13 and now on pg 2 around 511. You'll have no issues lapping me for sure.
    Joel