Forza Motorsport 7

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Andy Kettler, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 2
  3. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Lets hope the finally get the AI right with Forza 8... They are such a PITA! in 7 :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Hahaha, they sure are!!..o_O:rolleyes:

5. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    I hope in FM 8 you can do actually a race weekend, with quali etc. What keeps me away from FM 7 is that you are thrown into a race have to fight your way to podium, no matter what, to get further. it mostly gets dirty against AI, especially in the first lap, bc otherwise you dont have a chance, when you set the AI to your skill level or you tune them down and they are only roadblocks you have to drive around. that is not fun at all

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Interesting video...

"Turn 10 Studios has quietly grown to the largest size the studio has ever been and is working on the most ambitious Forza Motorsport yet.

New tidbits:
    - almost all assets being created with photogrammetry
    - early dev on a new skybox tech similar to RDR2"

• Like Like x 1
  7. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Such tech presentation also exists for Forza 7

• Like Like x 1
  8. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    "Forza is arcade and not drivable with a wheel" Ok great boomer... :p

10. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  11. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Forza Motorsport 7 is Reaching End of Life

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/forza-motorsport-7-end-of-life

When a game reaches "End of Life", that means it and its DLC will no longer be available for purchase in the Microsoft Store or available on Xbox Game Pass. However, features like multiplayer and online services will still be accessible for those that own the game.

Forza Motorsport 7 will reach 'end of life' status on September 15th, 2021. That means that the game and its associated DLC will no longer be available for purchase after that date.

After September 15th, 2021, players who own Forza Motorsport 7 will still be able to download and play the game and its associated content as normal. 

If you are an Xbox Game Pass member who purchased Forza Motorsport 7 DLC but not the base game, you will receive a token for the game through the Xbox message center so you can continue to enjoy Forza Motorsport 7 and all its content.

• Token distribution will be complete by August 2nd, 2021. If after that date you have still not received your token, please contact Xbox Support here.
    • Unused tokens will expire on September 15th, 2023.

Starting today, we are offering a discount for anyone who does not yet own Forza Motorsport 7.

• Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition: $19.99 (£17.49, €19.99)
    • Forza Motorsport 7 Deluxe Edition: $14.99 (£12.49, €12.49)
    • Forza Motorsport 7 Standard Edition: $9.99 (£7.49, €9.99)

For anyone keeping an eye on our Rivals events with our esports partners, after September 15 we will continue to provide content to support our partners’ esports competitions with new Rivals events coming soon, so there’s still be plenty of racing action to be had.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  12. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Just when I think I finally understand tuning in this game, I re-race the car I tuned and it feels awful. LOL.

I want to make the homoligated Rallycross cars more compliant to turn and less prone to on throttle understeersteer. I've set the balance to 75% rearward, opened the front differential (25% accel, 0% decel), stiffened the rear antiroll bars, softened the front bar, stiffened the springs, set the brake split to 68% front, 32% rear, and then prayed the Rosary. The cars still plow and shows no eagerness to change direction. And even when trying to flick the car into a slide, they just lazily plow one direction before plowing the other. Any help with these things would be greatly appreciated

13. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Its been 4 years and i think i have never driven a RallyX car in F7 ^^

14. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Part of going through the career. Eventually you'd have to drive the inane crap Turn 10 put into the game. Its FM4 bowling on steroids when it comes to how annoying it is to drive things like Stadium Super Cross Trucks in a track based racer. Off road ATV on Silverstone, or Rally cross cars (equipped with street tires?!?) on a rainy Brands Hatch don't pique your interests? Too bad! The road to completing the game is driving those darn things. :rolleyes:

I'm glad that Turn 10 is deciding to take racing in Forza Motorsport more seriously. Too bad they didn't have this revelation when FM7 started development.

15. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    I think there are enough serious games out there. Nothing wrong with a bit fun. And you don`t need to drive events that you don`t like ;)

16. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    True but I want to complete all the events in the career, so I have to play them.

And there is nothing that says a racing title can not be serious while being fun. Those qualities are not mutually exclusive. Turn 10 has the ability to get this mix of sim and entertainment correct, and it sounds like that is one of the major goals of the next FM title.

I need to calm down with it comes to Forza. Andy, you've said nothing to agitate me and I got all defensive about it for no reason. That last bit about playing elsewhere was uncalled for. I apologize.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  17. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Alright... I got past the rally cross cars event. It took setting the AI to stupid and turning off damage and fuel use. For some reason the Ai cars do not pit, but I had to. I lost a few too many races doing that.

I'm glad that I can put those cars behind me. Now on to the NASCAR events. Surprisingly the car responds a lot better to tuning. It must be the tires.
    The Rally Cross cars were restricted to OEM tires, cause a set if sport tires were available as an upgrade, but getting them would have broken homoligation.

I can also turn damage and fuel back on, and raise the drivatar difficulty back to pro. The medium race lengths are just long enough to allow me to pass the AI without banging into them or doing all the cutthroat tactics regularly employed in the 3 lap sprints.